Thursday, April 7, 2022

Urban Decay Electric Palette


Continuing with my walk through all my palettes...figured I would I would talk about Urban Decay Electric. I had no plans to purchase this one originally because I wasn't sure of the colors would work on my skin tone. I need pigment. Especially with neon colors. But then a friend had bought it and she let me take a look at hers and...I could see that they were indeed pigmented. And since I love colorful colors and didn't really have any similar colors I bought it.

I'm glad I did because it's one of my favorites. 


I always thought they should have made part 2. And only recently found out they did the Wired Palette but it got terrible reviews and all had too many repeat shades. I'm glad I missed out on that one. 
 
It's one of those palettes I love so much, I tend to not use it because I am "saving" it. Even though it would take forever to use up anyway. I'm working on that though. It's ok to use up shades, I can always buy new shades and find new favorites. But I would probably be sad to really and truly use up any of these shades. 

Anyway....let's do some swatches and a mini review.

Revolt (Bright Metallic Silver Shimmer with Silver Glitter)- I didn't "get" this silver for the longest time. It's so out of place...or so I thought until I did a blue look a few months ago to go out. I love a silver inner corner with blue eyeshadow. So instead of reaching for my favorite in another palette I threw this one on. It mixed with the shadow that was already on my brush and made the prettiest shimmery blue inner corner. It is pretty to mix with the other shades in a small areas...probably would work for larger areas but you really have to work with it. Now I like it. It's still sheer and a bit hard to work with, but it can be worth it. 

Gonzo (Bright turquoise with floating tonal pearl)- It's not matte like I had thought when I first bought the palette. They have a little glimmer to them, I think it helps with blend ability and vibrancy. This blue is gorgeous but not perfect. It's a little on the dry side and not as easy to work with as a true shadow formula would be. If you pack it on and blend very softly you can make it work. Need good primer though to make it stick. It goes on a little darker like most blues do on my skintone. Overall,  I love the color. 

Slowburn (Bright Red Orange Matte)- This is probably my least used. Such a pretty color but hard to figure out how to wear. It's very vibrant. On the dryer side but seems to work very well with minimal fading for a 10-11 hour day.  It does work very well as a blush.

Savage (Bright Hot Pink Matte)- I love pink shadow. So this is pretty wearable for me, I have another hot pink from Makeup Forever that is more vibrant than this one but I like the tone of this more. That one is easy to use and works more like an eyeshadow though...it also is more neon. This one can tone/fade down. I still like it...but I have better hot pinks in my collection. 



Fringe (Bright Metallic Teal)- This is my favorite swatch row without a doubt. Look at that teal! Gorgeous. One I'm guilty of saving but I'm going to start wearing it more. It's easy to work with and vibrant. Easily one of my favorites and I also don't have any similar colors anywhere else in my collection.

Chaos (Bright blue matte with Floating Tonal Pearl)- Gorgeous cobalt blue color in the pan. When I wear it, it goes on darker. I wish it was more true to pan. A white base can help it keep its brightness. When trying to use it as a shadow it tends to be hard to work with, it will blend away so you really have to pack it on, blend, and pack it on again. And repeat a few time. Blues are the most difficult shades to blend. But look at that color?!?!  It's so pretty....not the best but I will probably keep it in my collection forever. 

Jilted (Bright Metallic Fuchsia with Blue Shift)- The Blue shift is subtle. At least once I get it on my eyes. You can kinda see it in the swatch. I have a few similar shades from Urban Decay palettes and this is the best quality. It keeps it's vibrancy the entire day. It's my favorite of the all the fuchsia shades. I also think this one tends to flatter me the most as well. Really helps to pack it on with the brush it cam with.

Urban (Bright Metallic purple)- I've used this color the most out of any of the shades. It has the biggest dip. Probably because I consider purple a neutral and will go to this when I need to accompany some of the light purples in my collection. It's a subtle metallic. I really like this purple though. So many purples go grey or just mute down to barely purple. This goes on purple, looks purple on, and stays purple. Love it! 

Freak ( Bright Green with Gold Shift) Love this green, I thought they had released a single of it but that's a different green entirely. I also tend to not use this because I am "saving it" but this is my favorite unique green. It's just so pretty! I like to wear it with the greens in my Viseart Editorial palette, that contains more of my favorite greens.

Thrash (Bright lime green matte with floating tonal pearl)- This color actually looks vibrant on me...it does fade down a little bit but still looks bright and packs on easily. I was completely surprised when I first started using it, this is exactly the type of color that would go weird and patchy on me, yet it doesn't. Love pairing this with other greens like Freak and my favorite bight Viseart Greens. I don't have any other shades like it...

Here I muted the shades down by mixing it with the silver...it looks better on the eyes though...


And here is my favorite look to date with this palette...



Still a favorite and I will be keeping it forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment