Thursday, April 7, 2022

Plant Therapy Lavender Diva Essential Oil Review

 More Lavender. One of the oils I just can't be without. This and Peppermint are probably my two must have oils. I can ditch everything else  (if I had to) but not the Lavender. I got this in one of the monthly oil sub boxes. Then I bought a back up of the large 1 ounce for a steal of a deal at $10. Unfortunately they don't have it anymore but I'm going to review it in case they bring it back. They do that every now and again.

Plant Therapy claims:

Slightly lighter in color than traditional French Lavender and with a sweet floral and slightly herbaceous scent, Lavender Diva is the newest clonal variety of the well-known Lavender in France. The Lavender plants are made by grafting and replanting small seedings, which is very common with Lavender. Lavender Diva was selected for its disease-resistant properties, which once distilled, is why the constituents are slightly different from traditional Lavender. Lavender Diva Essential Oil is sweeter and slightly less herbaceous than Lavender, but you can use it as you would any Lavender Essential Oil - to soothe the skin and promote relaxation and sleep. But don't forget to add it to your favorite natural body products for a lovely Lavender scent in a new way.

Lavandula angustifolia

Made in France

It's said to be different than regular Lavender but honestly I don't think I can tell a difference. Maybe it's a little sweeter? I don't know. Some Lavenders are more relaxing than others, I had one a few years ago that was amazing at relaxing me and putting me to sleep. This one relaxes me but doesn't knock me out like that one did. But it does cause extreme relaxation from just inhaling the oil. 

And that's OK. I don't always want to use Lavender to go to sleep. 

I do find this is more relaxing than their regular Lavender, that one seems calming but energizing somehow.

Lavender has a lot of uses. My most recent discovery was using it for an earache. And somehow, someway it worked!  I've had about two earaches in the past few months. So I looked up some of the blends on Plant Therapy, and noticed the first ingredient was Lavender. I made a little rollerball and diluted the oil in some Almond Oil, rolled it around my ear and within about 10 or so minutes, earache was gone. The first time I used it, it did come back a few hours later and I just re-applied. 

Typically I use Lavender in my little DIY things I make, facial oils, Shea Butter Mixes, etc. But you can use it for scrubs, room sprays, or just diffusing it in a diffuser. It's one of the most versatile oils. 

I've also had a lot of luck with applying it to spots. I used some the other day and the spot dried up in two days where typically it overstays its welcome and sits on my face for about a week. 

Other ways I like to use Lavender are on cuts and burns. It soothes burns immediately and I tend to not get the blistering/pain that I would get if I didn't use it. Better to use it straight/neat for that though. Good on any old aches and pains. Achy joints or any other things of that nature. Lavender is a go to for me. 

I think I do prefer the Lavender Diva (over the regular line Lavender) which is a bummer since it's not always available. 

Overall, love it! I'm glad I bought a back up bottle (two actually, I gave one to my parents). 






No comments:

Post a Comment