Friday, May 13, 2022

Blue Cross Cuticle Remover Review

This went on my wishlist when I was a little obsessed with watching people do nails on youtube. I can't remember what channel it was but there was one lady that used it faithfully on the grubbiest of nails. I remembered seeing it in Sally's Beauty Supply years and years ago- the price was right but I ended up putting it back because I found another one on clearance for about a $1. 

Blue Cross Claims:

Taking their cue from a blend of premium ingredients, nail beds, cuticles, and hang nails soften up faster to Blue Cross Cuticle Remover. Lanolin-enriched to nourish fingertips and toenails, prepping nails is practically effortless. Even polish glides on easier. For overall healthy nails that will be easier to prep and ready to be the center of attention, choose Blue Cross Cuticle Remover.

Made In USA

Per the packaging this has been around since 1933. That's a long time. 

I was expecting to love this because I have seen it do the work, but...I'm not a fan.


First up, it's way too watery and I find I prefer the gel textures or a thicker texture that will sit on the cuticle and soften it up so I can push it back. The texture of this is like milk so it just kinda drips on and runs right off.



Per the instructions you can just work it in and wash off. I do take a cuticle stick and try to push my cuticles back (it says to do that on the site but not the bottle...odd) . I mostly find that I still have cuticles just sticking to my nail plate. They aren't super visible but tend to rub up after I take a shower and I can scrape-push it off. Basically a shower works better for me than this product. 

I overall just don't like the way my nails/cuticles look since I've been using this.

The ingredient list is short and basic.

Ingredients: 

Water, Caustic Potash,,Calcium Carrageenan, oil, lanolin

I did just use it today and was going to take a picture but I painted my nails... they didn't dry and now they are smudged. I don't feel like redoing it or taking a picture as is because laziness... 

Overall, I would prefer the Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover, the Essence Cuticle Remover, etc. over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment