Thursday, May 12, 2022

Burt's Bees Coconut & Pear Moisturizing Lip Balm Review



I recently bought a few Burt's Bee's gift sets which means more Burt's Bees's review. I'm really into gift sets at the moment...so I'll be slowly accumulating some over the next few months to review. For now, this is the last in a lip balm gift set I bought over the summer.

Burt's Bees claims:

Pucker up to hydrate your lips with a sweet, light kiss of coconut oil. Indulge in the fragrant luxury of the tropics while you naturally moisturise and renew your lips with Coconut Oil, Pear Extract and Shea Butter.



Coconut and Pear is a strange combination. It's nothing I would ever think to combine and probably not a scent combination I would ever look for again. It smells oddly sour. Rancid Pear and no real coconut scent..but it does have pear extract and coconut oil. So at least it contains what it boasts about containing. 

As for moisturizing...yeah kinda. It doesn't really noticeable smooth my lips..but if I go overboard and apply, apply, apply, apply eventually my lips do get really soft and feel hydrated. But I really have to over apply it and apply it often to get that. With normal application...meh. 

I think it's the ingredients- I notice lip balms that have cheaper oils as the first ingredients don't tend to impress. Those are mainly oils like safflower and sunflower oils. I do love the beeswax though and always appreciate Shea Butter in a lip balm. My favorite balms have a better oil (meadow foam seed oil, avocado oil etc) and lots of beeswax.

It's 100% natural, which is what I prefer in a lip balm. 

Ingredients: 

Sunflower Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Aroma*, Castor Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Lanolin, Pear Fruit Extract Fruit Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil (Huile Decolza), Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol *Natural

Overall, it just wasn't for me. Wouldn't buy this again..as well as avoid any pear and coconut combinations whether it's a body lotion, candle, whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment