Thursday, May 19, 2022

MAC 208 Small Angled Brow Brush

 


I've had this brush for years and years...I'm not even sure when I got it but it was when I wanted to collect all MAC brushes and I ended buying quite a few. I stopped buying them a few years back when they switched to synthetic brushes. I can't even remember if I bought this one before or after the switch or what it's made of (they weren't good at listing it in the description.) From what I can tell on other blogs it's a mix of synthetic and natural so we will go with that.

MAC claims: 

A brow brush with a flat angled tip that easily fills in and defines brows.

This flat angled brow brush with firm silky fibres is ideal for the easy, smooth and precise application of brow products. It shapes, defines or mimics thin hair strokes to create a natural brow look. This best-selling brush is a must-have in a every makeup bag for powder, liquid or cream brow products. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. 

I have an ancient MAC 266, which was one of the first brushes I got and I loved it. I really did, I do still really like it and it's perfect even to this day. But I like this one better. I remember comparing the 266 to the drugstore angle brushes I bought and it was miles beyond. Wonderful for eyebrows, ok for gel liner, passable for powder liner. 

But the 208 is my new favorite for brows. I guess it really depends what product I'm using. Lately I've just been using an old shadow that I discovered looks pretty nice in my brows. Or to me it does. Not sure why I'm favoring it over all my other brow brushes- I think it just gives a more natural look that's not overdone for me. 

I've also used it with my black eyeshadow to get a softer liner look and was really pleased with the way it has been coming out. It's a little smaller and stiffer than the 266 and seems to give a darker application/ line without wetting the shadow.

I haven't tried it with gel liner because I have not bought one for years and years. I've been trying to use up some black shadows/pencil liners before getting another. 

I don't know how the new one compares. The one I have was made in France as was the MAC 266.

MAC 208 vs MAC 266

Overall, I love this brush. I'm not sure when I bought or even how much I paid, but it was worth it. If I find anything comparable I will be sure to come back and update.


No comments:

Post a Comment