Friday, May 6, 2022

Viseart Peties Mattes Cool Palette First Impressions and Review (Dark Skin)

 Now is a very good time to get this review/first impressions up. Viseart just announced their Spring sale yesterday- these are now $24 down from $40. I really wish I would have waited to pick the two I bought up., I paid full price smh.  Or I probably could have skipped them both altogether.

I don't really like the Cool palette. I do love cool colors- blues, purples are eyeshadow colors I'm really drawn to. But not all purples and blues work on my skintone. My favorites tend to lean on the warmer side- a red based purple or a warm yellow blue tend to look much better with my coloring than true cool toned  colors. But I wanted this palette anyway because I was drawn to the colors and wanted to give them a try. Never know, some colors can surprise you.

I think it's the quality of these most of all that I don't like. These muddle together and don't seem to have enough pigment to them. They remind me of the shadows in my Too Faced Semi-Sweet palette. I can get them to work with colors outside (barely) but match some of them together and I get muddy, can't distinguish the colors. I tired a blue look and the blues just muddled together and didn't complement. Purples are hard to do- and really only the deep purple is just OK. And they certainly don't work together to make a pretty purple look. 

I don't know if the larger palettes are better quality compared to the petites. I just know this palette has kinda turned me off buying anymore Viseart for awhile. Even though I still LOVE the bright mattes palette and the Milieu palette. 

So let's talk about each color individually.

Salt (pale bone matte finish)  These are the type of colors I talk about hating often. It's just one of those shades I really have no use for on my skin tone. I don't even like to use it for mixing because it's too white. Might end up digging it out and trashing it.


Sand (cool light beige matte) -Another useless color for me. I can only use it as a brow highlight shade basically. 

Seashell (light pink matte) - This is a light pink. A light, light pink. Doesn't even really show up very pink on me. Not a good color.  Might use it to lighten some of the deeper pinks in my collection..but really not a fan of this or the quality of it. It's powdery and not pigmented.

Lilac (Light purple matte finish) - I was really hoping this would work for me. It's the worse. No pigment, no purple, it's just straight trash. Looks so pretty in the pan but...garbage. I will probably end up throwing it out! It swatches much better than it goes on the eye.
 

Shoreline (medium cool brown) I'm not super impressed with this either. All over the lid, does nothing for me. I can use it in the brows if I mix it with the deeper brown. Not a perfect brow color though, just passable. Can't make a natural brown look with the other brown, because they muddle together and the darker brown has barely any pigment.  I can use it to create a "shadow" but I have tons of shades in my collection that do the same thing.

Fog (light cool grey matte)- Not my color. I did try it out once but really can't remember anything about it. May use as a mixer to grey out /lighten the gray black shade. 

Sky- (light blue matte) I love this color in the pan, it's not so bad on it's own but does not play well with the other blue shade. I'll have to reach outside this palette to really try to make it work for me. I do like the color though. It has potential at this point. I'll update if I change my mind.

Lupine (dusty medium purple)- This purple is much better than the lilac shade. Not particularly flattering but I think it will be easy to use in a shimmery purple look. As long as I'm not pairing  it with shades in this palette. 

Ghirardelli ( Chocolate cool matte) It's like every other deep brown from Viseart- not deep enough! They really do not make deep chocolate browns.They don't build up to be nice and deep either. I have to reach for a MAC Brown to get the deepness I want. It's useable. But disappointing. 

Elk (Bitter brown matte) This is more a cool blackened grayish black. Not my favorite type of black. Could be useful to add dark liner to more cool toned looks. But overall my preference for black in a black shadow, is deep dark true black. 

Bluebells (deep fresh blue matte) I was most disappointed in this. It looks so pretty and brightened but goes on dull and fades when wearing. Maybe I just need to play with it more but so far I'm not impressed. (Update-Played more with this and still terrible, it fades to an ugly black)

Iris (deep purple matte) It's a grey based purple...and those aren't my favorite. Could maintain it's purple when used with a bright purple, purple. It won't be my favorite purple that's for sure, but it's useable. 

Overall, I'm not impressed (word of the day?) . I think so many of these colors are grey based so that's the reason they are muddling into each other. It could be my skin tone- but I do think it's a quality issue and the texture of the shadows as well. They are too powdery.  Many of the shadows are a little chalky in texture as well. Moreso than any other Viseart palette in my collection.

Overall, I should have listened to the Temptalia review on it (she was nicer but it was rated noticeably lower than others in their line). 

If you are dark skinned  and warm toned, I would say skip it. If you have cool tones in your skin, or grey based shades are your jam, this might be for you....maybe.




No comments:

Post a Comment