Thursday, June 23, 2022

Burt's Bees Strawberry Lip Balm Review


I'm procrastinating because I don't want to do the 2nd part of my workout. And I'm also procrastinating doing a few other things....so figured I would do one post and then get up and do the workout. I need some motivation though

Burt's Bees Strawberry lip balm. I can't believe I haven't tried this one...I think maybe it wasn't a part of the original lineup. I'm suddenly back into trying Burt's Bees again.

Burt's Bees claims:

Burts Bees Moisturizing Lip Balms nourish and make your lips feel luxurious. Infused with powerful fruit extracts and Beeswax to richly moisturize and soften lips, the nourishing oils and butters will make your lips juicy, happy and healthy. With a matte finish and moisturizing balm texture, this tint free tube of soothing lip balm glides on smoothly to nourish dry lips while keeping them revitalized and hydrated. Conveniently tuck a tube into a pocket or purse, so that you can keep natural, nurturing lip care handy. This 100% natural beauty product is free of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum and SLS and will beautify and revitalize your lips. Use these natural Burts Bees Moisturizing Lip Balms to make lips feel their best.
  • LIP CARE: Bursting with sweet tropical flavor, refresh and nourish your lips with Strawberry Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm
  • TOTAL HYDRATION: Hydrate and soften dry lips with beeswax and fruit extracts packed into every tube of Burt's Bees lip care
  • MOISTURIZING: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip moisturizer leaves your lips smooth and refreshed
  • ALL NATURAL: Enriched with 100% natural ingredients, this natural lip balm is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS
  • Made in USA
  • Responsible Sourced Beeswax

I love anything Strawberry, but I can't say I have ever found a beauty product that captures Strawberry. This one smells like Flintstones chew Vitamins and The Body Shop Strawberry line. It's...OK. Nothing particularly memorable or that would stand out to buy again. 



Moisture is OK. I think it works slightly better than the other chapsticks, but probably not better than the original. It does seem a little more soft than others. Mine broke off but I pushed it back down and continue using it. 

The ingredients are OK. I typically like lip balms with better oils (Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Avocado), I noticed Burt's Bees usually uses cheaper oils. Sunflower, Safflower, Canola, My least favorite oils. This also does have better ingredients more towards the end. 

Ingredients:

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Beeswax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Aroma (Flavor)*, Lanolin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Rebaudioside A, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool *Natural Flavor

Overall, it's OK. Prolly not a repurchase but I'll use it up.

I think I found my motivation. I am going to make a Strawberry Lemonade with crushes frozen strawberry at the bottom. Off I go... 



No comments:

Post a Comment