Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Esum W21 Brush Review

Quick review today before I go have my "goof off" time. This time a boring brush review. A gift with purchase from Muse Beauty when I purchased two of the Viseart palettes. The retail price on it is $26 and I can already tell you I probably won't buy anymore Esum Brushes. Mostly because I don't like that you have to pay for shipping to APO addresses. And because I don't think the quality is there.

Esum claims:

ESUM W21 - SMALL FILBERT SHADER MAKEUP BRUSH: A classic brush shape ideal for professional shading and detail application of powder to cream mediums. Sable hair provides ultimate control and application. Also available in medium and large options. Size: Hair Length 11mm, Full Length 182mm, Diameter 9mm.

ESUM Makeup Brushes are a premium collection of professional tools relied upon by makeup artists and coveted by beauty mavens. Our range of brush styles offers variation in shape, size and hair texture for eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrows, foundation, contouring, blush and powder. From natural hair to synthetic vegan fibers each hair type is chosen for the ideal lay-down of makeup to support all professional makeup mediums, including cream, gel, liquid, powder and wax. Each brush is handmade and features eco-friendly cured birch handles with platinum bowed brass ferrules. ESUM Brushes are available at professional makeup stores and salons worldwide.

I will say the only people I ever saw rave over these brushes were people that received them free. So there is that. 


I kind of went crazy for sable haired brushes for am minute. I heard a few artists rave over them and I really like natural hair brushes. I was kind of expecting this to be thinner or on the thinner side. It's kind of thick. And shaped very similar to the free brushes I got with the VICE palette. I had about four (gave one away) and almost never use them unless I am forcing myself to. I just don't like the shape.


Esum vs Urban Decay Vice Palette brush
The Esum does have a better shape but when in use the difference in hardly noticeable.

 For the most part I still don't. I force myself to use this one as well. I think I was expecting it to be shaped more like the MAC 242 ,  which is one of my favorite brushes-specially for shimmer.

This applies shimmer well. I just really don't like the shape. It also works with mattes and I do have to admit it seems to work with the Sugarpill mattes very well. It has more control with building those colors up and picking up the color since it's more hard pressed. 

I do have issues with the quality- especially since the price is $26. It always has loose bristles just coming out and sticking up. I have finally just went ahead and pulled them out. Also I notice a crack in the paint close to the ferrule. I have quite a few MAC brushes- also expensive but still were cheaper than these- for over a decade with NO cracks. I've only had this a few months, not even a year and a crack in the paint. The only other brushes that have done that on me are the OCC ones and the ELF $1 brushes. 

I'm also not a particular fan of the look. It's a boring light grey silver shade. Snooze.

I don't know, I will keep on using it with my Sugarpill shadows and in my rotation, but I wouldn't recommend it. And probably wouldn't buy anymore brushes from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment