Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Fresh Waterlily Triple Milled Soap Review

 I had such a lovely time skating yesterday...in the kitchen. I'm scared of asphalt. Really I've only skated 1x outside, outside (not in the backyard). And I did fall, because I have no idea how to stop and really need to practice. I've practiced falling though. Anyway, I was skating on the sidewalk and noticed a slug on my way up. Of course, I have to skate back to get home and when I did-kept on thinking about that slug and how I really didn't want to skate over him. It was a bit of a hill too. The more I thought about it, more I thought I really didn't want to skate over it...because then I would have to throw out my expensive skates. Very expensive. I stepped on a slug once years ago and my shoes went straight in the trash. I can't deal with slug guts. Anyway, instead of risking going over the slug, or panicking and jerking around and falling badly, I figured I would go for a controlled fall and aimed for the grass. It was a ditch of course and I went down. But I didn't get hurt. I really should try skating outside again though...one day...

For now, skating in the kitchen it is. But back to the soap. Fresh soap


Fresh soap claims:

A long-lasting, vegetable-based body soap infused with moisturizing shea butter and an addictive scent

Scent: a sheer aquatic floral scent

These nourishing soaps are milled multiple times, making them super dense, luxurious, and long-lasting. Infused with iconic fresh scents, the soaps are hand-wrapped, tied with a delicate wire, and topped with a semi-precious stone—making them the perfect gift (for others or yourself!). 

Made in France

I kinda bought this thinking I wouldn't really like it. It's a floral soap. But actually, I really, really love the scent. I've never smelled anything waterlily..but now I want more things with the scent if it smells as good as this soap. It's a fresh, watery, floral with a hint of pear. Fruity floral. I could tape this soap under my nose and live happily ever after. In the shower it's light medium. strength I wish it was stronger but those that like light scents would like this. It doesn't scent the whole shower, doesn't scent the bathroom, more like I catch whiffs of it. Other times its just smells like soap. I like the scent so much though I went to the site to see if they make the scent in something else...no such luck. 


The soap itself is nice and big. 8.8 ounces. It melts averagely. I never really notice a big difference between triple-milled and average soap. Unless you compare it to Lush, then this lasts forever. This is what it looks like about 2.5 weeks later. I'm thinking it would last 5-6 weeks  Maybe longer depending out your use. 



It's a pretty color too. Big round shape. I really like the way it looks.

The lather is nice. But most soaps lather and bubble up pretty well. Rinses clean. Doesn't dry my skin, doesn't moisturize but it does soften. At times it's left my skin looking ashy- just some parts of my arms. But my skin is not dry at all, it just looked that way. It hasn't happened anymore, my skin may have gotten used to it. 

It does create some soap scum- not as bad as some soaps but I definitely have to clean the shower more often. 

It also comes wrapped in really nice paper and with a cute set-precious stone. I think mine was amethyst. I might throw it in my DIY essential oil rollerballs. Not sure what else to do with it. It's a nice touch though and if you like stones, you can collect it. 

It's not all natural- but I knew that going in.   Really the only ingredient I'm excited about is the Shea Butter. 

Ingredients: 
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Oil, Palm Acid, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, BHT, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Eugenol, Citronellol, Limonene.


Overall, I like it. I want to try them all and might eventually one day get around to it. It is $15 which is not cheap for a soap- but it does last awhile and smells really nice. Really really nice. Might be worth trying on sale if a light fruity floral appeals to you.

Two soaps in the same scent family, Bvlgari Au the Blanc, and Scottish Fine Soap Sea Kelp that remind me of this. I do think this is my favorite of the bunch though.

No comments:

Post a Comment