Sunday, June 12, 2022

Tuna Pasta Salad and Chicken Cordon Bleu

 I feel like I've been cooking a lot more often lately than usual. O r it could be all my imagination. I love cooking new things though so that's a good thing...


I made Tuan Pasta Salad with peas. Kinda odd.  Not really anything I would have made on my own but it was in my rotation. Actually it wasn't bad. But it wasn't great either. It was just kinda off. I was a little extra though, I make homemade mayo because I didn't feel like using all the store bought and then having to buy more when I had all the ingredients needed to make my own. If you have an immersion blender it's crazy easy to make. Overall, wasn't bad but not something that would cross my mind to make again. You can find the recipe here. I just had mine with some diced and spiced chicken pieces.


I also made Chicken Cordon Bleu. I've never had Chicken Cordon Blue but I have made a ton of the subs since I did work at Charlie's Steakery in high school. I guess I didn't really make a true Chicken Cordon Blue since I don't eat ham and hate Swiss cheese. So I used deli chicken and bonbell/butterkase. I thought it was just ok...until I got the melty cheese part. I should have stuffed more cheese in. I thought I was drying the chicken out but it actually came out perfectly! I also used a lot more wine than the recipe called for. Why not?  Mine didn't look that great after I topped it with the gravy- I haven't mastered gravy so mine was lumpy but it tasted nice. I had mine with Spinach and leftover lima/butter beans.  You can find the recipe here. Not a bad dinner! 



And I also made a banana bread to use up some egg whites but didn't take a picture nor save the recipe. And that's all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment