Monday, July 25, 2022

Lush Hottie Massage Bar Review

 I'm just drinking a banana smoothie and trying to stay cool. And of course figured I could also knock out a blog post in the meantime. I kinda forgot I bought a few massage bars in the sale. I ran out of a few moisturizers and was digging through my Lush tin and rediscovered these. Perfect timing now that I'm back into a workout routine.

Lush claims:

For soft, stimulating massages

Heat up your massage game with stimulating ginger and black pepper oils. Rub Hottie's Fair Trade, organic cocoa and shea butters onto skin, or between hands, to get you going.

There's always a need for knead. Hottie's black pepper and ginger oil blend work with its bumpy bumps to work out taut, sore muscles.

This is our go-to bar for seriously sore muscles: specifically molded with bumps to enhance your massage with extra pressure, this rich jojoba oil and cocoa and shea butter bar melts into the skin quickly for a smooth and sensual experience. We use vanilla absolute for its sweet, comforting aroma and its skin-softening properties, and warming black pepper and ginger oils for a spicy fragrance to really get you going.

There's always a need for knead. Hottie's black pepper and ginger oil blend work with its bumpy bumps to work out taut, sore muscles.

Originally I was trying to use this as a lotion bar. But I think it's truly a massage bar. Or should be used as one to spot treat or for actual massage. Bonus is the moisture it provides.

The first time I used it I just rubbed it on all over. And it was Ok like that. The moisture was really nice. It really feels hydrating without feeling greasy. It would make a perfect lotion bar. I like the scent, but in moderation. It's not straight up Ginger and Black Pepper. There is something added in that makes it smell even better than just a blend of those oils. Maybe the vanilla and something else I can't quite put my finger on. Because of that I think it might be harder for me to make my own DIY version. 

This should be called Magic. Because it really does work wonders on sore muscles. I've tried other muscle rubs and of all the ones I have tried (except for DIY ones) this has been the best. Not everyone is into DIY so this is definitely a good option for those that like ready made solutions. It really does shorten and noticeably reduce the pain of sore muscles. I've been doing a good job of sticking to my workouts and this really helped my shoulders and legs the past few weeks.

It even helps my knees! I think I was lunging incorrectly and sort of messed up my knee a little bit. It hurt slightly and felt really odd. Also being constantly on the stairs was probably not helping. I used this and the next day it was like I had new knees. It's like that every time I use it. I just really take the time to massage it in. 

It does make a nice massage oil though if you are lucky enough to have someone that will massage it in for you. It even works well for self massage. 

It does have little knubs on it. IDK if they really do anything other than wear down really quickly but it looks cool. 

The ingredients are excellent. Fair trade Cocoa Butter and many more natural ingredients. 

Ingredients: 

Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Organic Jojoba oil, Fragrance, Ginger Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Black Pepper Oil, Anise Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Citral, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool

Overall it's a favorite. One of the best things I've tried for aches and pains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment