Sunday, July 31, 2022

My Favorite Places to Shop...

 It's time for me to sit down. I feel like I've earned it. I've been up most of the day cooking it seems like, a little working out in between and I am beat. So quick post then I'll probably be on the phone the rest of the night.

I like shopping these days a lot more that I ever had in the past. I think it's because I have some go to places that I just like to scroll through when I'm watching a movie, bored or whatever. Mostly I put things I want onto a wishlist, and when I'm comfortable making the purchase..I check out. 

Anthropologie

I love that they have a plus line, although I haven't gotten anything from their plus line. I like their "style" so I have gotten a few things for home- mirror, curtains, etc. Everything I've gotten I love! I really focused off making my space "me" these past couple of years. I figured out my style is a mix of industrial, eclectic, and bohemian which fits right in the Anthropologie. Forgot I've also gotten some shoes from them too. After I got my curtains, my mom stays on the site too looking for stuff to get 😁 


American Eagle

I remember wearing their stuff in college and then completely forgetting about them. But they came back on my radar when they came out with plus sizes. I have a hard time finding jeans. Most clothes are designed for hourglass shapes, and a lot of plus size clothes don't really fit my shape right, I think they flatter apple shades mostly. I'm mostly a pear, and getting my thighs and butt into most jeans..doesn't work. I remember even in high school getting my size in jeans that would fit if they would give more thigh and booty room. Anyway, American Eagle came out with different jeans for different body shapes. I LOVE their curvy jeans. I order other stuff from the site, their shorts, shirts, lounge wear etc. But it's the jeans I love. Tried the leggings too but I wasn't a fan. They need to make curvy leggings too...



Fashion to Figure

They have clothing that is more likely to fit my body shape right...although I always try to pay attention to the material and reviews. I think they do a good job of showing all body types though, I hate when you go to a brands site and they have no diversity in body shapes.  Most of the stuff I have been happy with and only had to send something back once. I always shop a sale though...never pay full price! I stumbled on them back in 2008/9 and one of the shirts I got from them was my favorite clubbing shirts. It was at least a decade though before I bought anything again...but they are in my regular rotation for clothes now. 





Eloquii

I'm new to Eloquii. But recently saw and ordered a dress from them that I just love the shape of. I want it in all the colors, especially the one that is sold out that's in the pic above. I think they have decent quality and I'm definitely going to be shopping their sales more often. I don't think their jeans will work for me.. or even the skirts but I guess I can't say for sure until I try them. I like that they seem to making some clothes to fit certain body shapes a bit better. I hope they do that with more of their line.

Torrid 

ONLY THE SWIMWEAR. Basically I am finding Torrid outdated and their quality is horrible. You can wash something and it tears apart/fades. But I do really like their swimsuits. I have three of them and one I absolutely LOVE. Maybe two. I would probably have more but I always seem to miss out on the sales and my sizes always sell out. I'm a fan of the two pieces because I can get two different sizes in the top and bottom and that fits better than a one piece for me. 



City Chic 

Last but not least City Chic. Shop the sales! They have really nice casual dresses and also fancy dresses and I find the quality is really good. I'm always browsing their site...so far I have three dresses. 



That's all for now! I'll be back if I remember/find more....








No comments:

Post a Comment