Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Lush Monsters and Aliens Fun Review


Play dough for the bath/shower is exactly what I didn't know I needed. I kinda unexpectedly love this stuff though. Mostly because it's a very cost effective way to take Lush baths. Bubble bars and bath bombs can really start to get pricey. It really adds up. This is a good way to get Lush scents in the bath at a fraction of the normal cost.

Lush claims: 
For comfort and creativity

Soap it, shape it, shampoo it. This spicy black pepper and comforting Fair Trade vanilla absolute scented cleansing dough brings fun to wash time.

You can really have a lot of fun with fun. It's basically play dough. I didn't really make anything. I think mine is starting to get old so it's not as pliable...but that's ok. You can if you want, and it's still useable even if you don't shape it into anything scary or extraterrestrial. 
Lush's photo.


There are a lot of different uses. You can use it as soap, shampoo, or bubble bath. It has the same scent as Lush's Boo Shower Slime, Lord of Misrule Shower Gel, and the Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb.

I mostly enjoyed the vanilla patchouli scent in the Lord of Misrule bath bomb so I didn't really try it out as a soap or a shampoo. Maybe one day. For now, I love it as a bubble bath.

It colors the water a light green, light pink, or light purple depending on the colors you choose. Or you can mix and match for your own color. I love the colors this makes though. 

The bubbles aren't bubble-icious. But that's OK. I know there are some tricks to get more bubbles (swishing the water, using a mesh strainer, etc) but I'm not that bothered. Without any tricks you get modest bubbles. 


The fun itself is cool. It's really like play dough. You can just rub it around as soap, hold it under the tap to create a bubble bath, or wash your hair with it. If I do try it as a shampoo I'll come back and update but so far no plans for that as of now.



The scent- so good! I think it smells better in this than it did in the shower slime and gel. Maybe it's stronger? But doesn't linger too much that I notice. I love the scent though, it is the perfect relaxing bubble bath scent. Vanilla and Patchouli heaven.

It has some of my favorite oils- Vanilla Absolute, Black Pepper and Patchouli. The ingredients are pretty basic. It would probably be easy to DIY if you happen to have Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

Ingredients: 
Cornstarch, Talc, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Black Pepper Oil, Patchouli Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Gardenia Extract, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 

Overall, I'm a fan. I need to get my hands on the Rainbow Fun. That one has a different scent for each color which could be...fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment