Monday, July 11, 2022

Smashbox Photo Finish Super Light Smooth and Blur Primer Review


 I am a part of a makeup group for professionals and recently they were posting about how an artist was saying you don't need a primer. If you are a makeup artist you should use skin prep to prime the skin. Which I get. But I still think a nice primer is a quick and easy step to take....I like to keep my skin routine simple. Especially when I'm trying to get out the door. I don't have time to apply moisturizers, serums, etc and wait for it all to sink in. Especially with my oily skin. So...I'm a fan of primer. Although years back I didn't really see the point. 

Smashbox claims:

The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light primer smooths the skin perfectly, prepares it for foundation and ensures your makeup lasts longer.

  • softens
  • fills pores
  • prepares skin perfectly for foundation

Made in USA


It looks like Smashbox is revamping their primers. They seem to be dropping a line of more affordable primers. Which makes sense given all the competition and the economy. But why did they have to discontinue this one? 



That won't stop me from reviewing this one. I reviewed the original a few years back. And I liked that one....I might like this one more. I think it might be because of the texture? It's lighter and a little more gel like. I love that I can put my moisturizer on and then throw this on top and it kinda mattes it down without appearing matte? It looks healthy without looking greasy and continues to look that way throughout the day unless it's crazy humid, hot day. Even so I can tell the difference to if I apply this or now. 

It is smoothing and does smooth over pores. And if you take flash pictures, it really helps to perfect your skin and blur imperfections. 

It is the perfect canvas for foundation.

It does claim to extend the wear of your foundation....for me I don't particularly notice that. If you have a foundation that wears horribly this isn't going to improve it and if it does it's only slight. A long wear setting spray might be the way to go if you are really looking to extend wear. That and long wear products that wear well anyway.

It is pricey. And I do feel like you can easily get something comparable in the drugstore. I need to try more drugstore primers. I do like the ELF ones...but if I want to splurge I find these to be somewhat worth the money. 


Overall, I really love having it in my collection...I especially love having it in the summer of when I know I'm going to be in some flash pictures (not often). 

I would buy it again if it weren't discontinued.

Here I had a tinted moisturizer on, this primer, and was wearing it while in the water/heat and I feel like my skin was kinda glowy and not too greasy. Also, I just love when I get some sun, can't tell me nothing once I get the sun on my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment