Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Vitamix Honey Butter, Afghan Lamb with Spinach, Cannoli, and More

 It was 97 degrees today. So hot. Too hot to not have air conditioners. Luckily I worked from work today and there was air but now that I'm home, all I want to do is sit and try to stay cool. Oh...and maybe eat a couple watermelon. I might have to run to the store tomorrow and pick up some more. Gotta stay hydrated.

I've been cooking too. Although it's almost too hot to cook.

First thing I made was Honey Butter. Usually if I need honey butter I just use butter and  then honey. But since the recipe was next on my lineup figured I would make it. I would prolly use salted butter next time or add some salt. But other than that it's perfect. I wonder why Land O' Lakes doesn't sell Honey Butter? For now I'll just keep making my own as needed. I spread it on toast, brushed it on salmon as suggest, and cooked some shrimp in it (with Cajun seasoning). I'm not mad at it! I used Grapeseed instead of Light Olive Oil. 



Then I made Lamb with Spinach. It looks gross but it was actually really good. Something about the texture of the yogurt I used. IDK. But the lamb was really nice and tender. I ended up just cooking it on the stove because I really didn't want to get the oven going. Worked perfect. I should have made rice but I had gotten lazy. I just ate it alone. Next time I would make rice though. It has a little kick to it with the red pepper. I think I halved the recipe though. Use lamb on the bone! It is so much more flavorful than the stuff not on the bone.



Also made Oreo Cheesecake cookies:

And Cannoli, I was supposed to bring my Dad some back from Italy but was trying to wait for the last minute (delays) but the line got sooo long. So made him some. I made some years ago and I think the shells came out better then. These were a little softer. But the filling was yummy.


And lastly, I just finished putting my Ugandan Vanilla beans in their rum bath (making extract). These beans are different than any other beans I've had. They are really plump and soft and very raisin-like. I can't wait for them to extract and to start baking with them! 


And that's all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment