Wednesday, July 20, 2022

La Chatelaine Wild Fig Luxury Soap Review



 Interrupting what could very well be the next show I binge watch on Netflix- I started a series called Manifest. And so far it's interesting, I just hope I don't stay up to the late AM hours trying to finish it and knowing I have to work in the AM. 😧 But in between, a blog post. Just of some fig soap. I'm always drawn to fig scents for some reason. Even though in my opinion, figs don't really have a scent and I have really only come across about two really great fig products. 

La Chatelaine claims: 

La Chatelaine vegetable based soaps are made in Provence using time-honored craftsmanship and ethically-sourced natural and organic ingredients. Enriched with Organic Shea Butter, Organic Calendula, Organic Argan Oil, and Vitamin E to leave your skin feeling cleansed, soft, and moisturized. They are triple milled resulting in a long lasting bar with a luxurious lather. Our scents are phthalate-free and created by distinguished perfumers in Grasse, France.

Cruelty-free and formulated without BHT, Parabens, Phthalates, Gluten, Soy or GMO’s. 

These chic hand wrapped soaps will make the perfect treat for natural-beauty buffs or a coveted gift for any occasion.

Made in France 


My favorite "fig" soap has to be Lush Figs and Leaves. It's what I would repurchase again without question, this not so much. 

Mainly this went on my list of soaps to try because it was on Oprah's Favorite things...maybe it was the hand creams though? I can't remember. 

Mostly I don't like the scent of this. It smells...kinda like Shea Butter and something else. A little smokey....but mostly a clean scent.  Not bad in the shower but still not my favorite. I notice it does lather extremely well. The bubbles are so rich and luxurious and you only need a bit. It also cleans pretty well.

But it really doesn't seem to agree with my skin. Looking at the ingredients they seem ok, but my skin has been left pretty flaky over the past few weeks of me using it. Maybe it's one certain ingredient or something about the fragrance oil that's causing my skin to not react in the best way. I can apply moisturizer, rich and heavy Shea Butter and still by the end of the day I have patchy, flaky skin. It doesn't feel the driest but it sure looks it. 

The bar itself is kind of a boring white bar with the logo on it. Or classic, I guess, depends on how you look at it. Nothing remarkable. It is a 7 oz bar, generous size. Cost is about $10 off Amazon. And it seems to last forever. I've been overusing it to try and get rid of it but you can easily get 3 week and then some  out of it. 


Ingredients:

SODIUM PALMATE, SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, AQUA (WATER), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ORGANIC BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, PALM ACID, GLYCERIN, ORGANIC ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL, PALM KERNEL ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, TOCOPHEROL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ORGANIC CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE


Overall, wasn't for me. I do still have the Passion Fruit one to try though so hopefully it works a little better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment