Sunday, August 21, 2022

J.R. Watkins Lemon Cream and Coconut Milk and Honey Body Wash Review


Figured since I've used both of these little samplers I would combine the reviews into one. I'm not a fan of either of these washes though so that makes it easier.

J.R. Watkins claims:

  • J.R. Watkins Lemon Cream Daily Moisturizing Body Wash contains plant-based cleansers and skin conditioners to gently cleanse without stripping away natural moisture 
  • With 97% Natural Ingredients and a delectable lemon cream scent 
  • Leaves all skin types fresh, hydrated and healthy-looking

Where to start? The first thing I don't like about these body washes is the texture. It's like liquid milk...I like a thicker texture because they tend to last longer and who wants a watery shower gel? .This just seems to run everywhere and I ended up using the full ounce of each in just one shower. The Coconut Milk and Honey had a weak lather and the Lemon Cream was a little better. But really it was nothing special. It had me missing the lather and performance I get out of a bar soap- plus it saves on plastic.

I didn't like the scents of either one. The Coconut Milk one being the worst. It just smells like something you would spray to clean your bathroom. The Lemon Cream smelled like Lemon Sponge cake which I was impressed with at first. But as I used it, that cleaning scent came out and I didn't like it as much.

Coconut Milk left my skin slightly dry, and the Lemon Cream did a bit better, my skin wasn't as dry but wasn't really moisturized.  Both left my skin pretty soft. 

Wasn't too impressed with ingredients either.

Ingredients:

Water/aqua/eau, sodium cocoyl isethionate, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, decyl glucoside, fragrance/parfum, cetyl betaine, gluconolactone, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, polyquaternium-10, citric acid. 

Overall, these just weren't for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment