Saturday, August 20, 2022

Candle Haul: Voluspa and Neom

 I decided to treat myself to some candles, I have been meeting my workout goals and wanted to reward myself. Also they were one sale! 

I bought a gift set from Voluspa. Years ago I bought my Mom a candle from them in the large jar and it was terrible. No scent at all. But maybe we  just got a dud. Decided to give them another chance and saw that they use coconut wax instead of paraffin. Not sure if Paraffin is really bad for you...I thought all candles are basically indoor pollution. But Coconut Wax does sound a bit healthier. 

When the set came a lot of the candle oil seemed to have leaked out the candles. I think it was because of the heat. But at least they have scent! The set itself is so cute. Love the tin packaging and these candles are smaller but they pack a punch. I mean they won't scent a huge room, but they do great in my larger work room. So far I'm a fan. Might have to get another gift set on sale after I burn through these.

I got:

Gilt Pomander and Hinoki- Have no idea what this is supposed to smell like...but it reminds me of the Leaves Candle from Bath and Body Works. I like this one more. Nice fall scent but not something I would repurchase. Definitely a cinnamon, apple, and all other fall scents thrown into one.


Santal Vanille- Sandalwood Vanilla. This one is really nice. Reminds me of Vanilla Satin from Yankee Candle- That one gave me a headache. This one is much smoother. I like it, probably not a repurchase but I enjoy it. Forgot to take a pic of the top. Oops.


White Cypress- I really like this one. It smells like Christmas trees. Not really Cypress. Might repurchase it because I love Evergreen type of candles. They just smells so good! Kinda spa like...and a bit like Christmas.

Forbidden Fig- Smells like a fig soap I just used up, except this one is better. I had the Nest Candle in Fig too, I prefer this one. I don't like the cold scent but I do like it lit. Not sure if I would repurchase. Probably need to burn it a few more times.
Sweet Pumpkin Latte- This one smells like a dozen other candles from Bath and Body Works. It's Ok. Your typical sweet scent, not sure I really get much pumpkin or even latte/coffee from it. I think it reminds me of Slatkin Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin.


Neom Real Luxury Candle- Think this might be my favorite! Not sure what it smells like- Jasmine, Rosewood, and Lavender. It's lighter and takes some building up but it smells so nice and fresh. Also different to anything I've smelled before....Also it's Soy. So no paraffin. 


And that's all....











No comments:

Post a Comment