Tuesday, August 23, 2022

The Miracles

 


I meant to do this post yesterday but I got caught up watching the new House of Dragons show. I have been so excited for it and it's finally here! I do kinda wish it dropped like Netflix drops shows- I want tot whole season! I just want to sit there and watch the whole thing and get it over with. It's the only show I will watch on a weekly basis though. But back to the music. I love Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. One of the best groups on Motown- and there are a lot to choose from.

I love You Really Got a Hold On Me. Lyrics-  I don't like you, but I love you /I don't want you, but I need you (those lyrics really tripped me out 😂). Also, isn't it weird how Smokey Robinson has been looking exactly the same for decades and decades. 


Posting the album version cause it needs more views and I like it a little better cause you can hear the lyrics more clearly.


Ooh Baby Baby is probably my ultimate favorite Smokey and the Miracles song. I say this all the time, but they really don't make music like this anymore. 



Gotta have The Tracks of My Tears on the playlist. More genius song writing from Smokey. He was such a hitmaker for Motown. 


Shop Around is one of those fun Motown songs. Better shop around...Good advice. 


I love I'll Try Something New. Such a beautiful song, beautifully written and beautifully sung. 

I'm in such a good mood now and off to listen to more Motown classics....

No comments:

Post a Comment