Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Sriracha Chicken Strips, Kimchi Tuna Fried Rice, And Smores Ice cream

I've been passing some time by listening to Usher's old albums. Some I haven't listen since high school/middle and I still know every single lyrics. Probably if someone mapped out a brain they would find a large chunk dedicate to lyrics. It's been kinda nice cause I was reliving my little crush too. I had it bad for Usher,  I had his posters, a few of his DVD tours.  One of my faves growing up for sure, I almost forgot how big of a fan I was 😂.


Anyway...what have I been cooking lately? Feels like everything and nothing. 

First thing I made was sriracha chicken strips. I was really excited for these but they weren't that great. I just didn't like the flavor which was odd because I usually love sriracha. I ate them plain and then also made a salad with it. Excuse all the dressing. I tend to drown my salads. But since we saved calories on the chicken (not fried)...oh well. You can find the recipe here.  



Then I made Kimchi Tuna Rice. I love Korean food, but I was not sure about this. Everything I've made so far with canned tuna has not been good. But I'm glad I tried this because I did like it. My Dad made Kimchi awhile ago so I stole some of that. Couldn't find Gochujang sauce either so I just subbed with Chilli Garlic Sauce. Came out great! Would definitely make this again. And so easy...you can find the recipe here.

Then Smores Ice cream. I even made the marshmallows from scratch. I don't recommend small batch marshmallows. The texture was off but it worked in the ice cream lucky for me! I just used some cookies I got in the store. I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream usually...but this was really good! I bet it would be amazing with brownie pieces too.... Didn't get a great pic of it, but trust it was good! 

You can find the recipe here.



And that's it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment