Wednesday, August 31, 2022

La Chatelaine Passion Fruit Luxury Soap Review

I have recently discovered my love for passion fruit on a trip to Spain. I love Gelato and we went to one of the food markets, they had so many amazing sounding flavors I almost couldn't pick one. I ended up getting the Passion Fruit one...and it was sooo good. I do get Passion Fruit juice from the store but the gelato was a whole other ballgame. We went another place the next day I think and I had to get more. I tried a few other flavors but nothing was hitting like the Passion Fruit one. I've tried a few Passion Fruit bath and body products. The most spot on was the Body Butter from The Body Shop. I also tried the V05 Passion Fruit Shampoo/Conditioner, and lastly a Passion Fruit facial cleaner. I've had a few other things with the extract or notes of passion fruit but nothing memorable. When I saw this soap, I picked it up because it's not a scent you see often...and I'm glad I did.

La Chatelaine claims:

La Chatelaine plant based soaps are made in Provence using time-honored craftsmanship and ethically-sourced natural and organic ingredients. Enriched with organic Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Calendula, and Vitamin E to leave your skin feeling cleansed, soft, and moisturized. They are triple milled resulting in a long lasting bar with a luxurious lather. Formulated to protect and celebrate our bodies and our planet. 

  • Made with love using ethically-sourced natural, nutrient-rich ingredients to leave your skin cleansed hydrated, and subtly scented. 
  • Crafted in France and quad-milled for a dense long-lasting bar and a luxurious lather. 
  • These hand wrapped soaps are enjoyed by natural-beauty buffs or as a coveted gift for any occasion. 
  • Our custom formula is gentle enough for everyday use. Cruelty-Free and formulated without BHT, Parabens, or Phthalates.


The first soap I tried from this brand (listed on Oprah's Favorite Things) was the Fig soap and I did not like that one at all. It's mostly the scent, didn't vibe with it. Most soaps work the same, some are less drying than others so really the scent makes it. Better ingredients help. I did not like the Wild Fig scent...but I like this.

It doesn't smell like passion fruit. Just a nice fruity clean scent...almost smells like a quality Herbal Essence type of scent. Fruity but not in a not obnoxious way. I can't pick out any specific fruit. And it's on the lighter side, I do wish it was stronger but those that like a lighter scent would probably enjoy it. It doesn't fill the shower or even the bathroom but I can smell it. And I really, really like the scent. I kinda wish I could find a shampoo that smells like this. 

Other than that, the bar itself is $10. Many higher priced soaps have increased, I like that these haven't. I also am not sure I would pay more than $10 anyway.

They are made in France. 

They lather really well, make a lotta bubbles. And is only slightly drying. Not anywhere near as bad as the Fig one that left my skin looking extra ashy. My skin is slightly soft.

Ingredients are OK. I've seen better and I've seen worse. 

Ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Fragrance, Organic Shea Butter, Palm Acid, Glycerin, Argan Oil, Palm Kernel Acid, Salt, Vitamin E, Sunflower Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide,  Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Organic Calendula Extract,  Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbet, Sodium Benzoate

Overall, really love the scent. After the first one I wasn't sure if I would repurchase from this brand again but after trying this, I do want to try out the other scents. This scent itself will probably make my year end faves. 






No comments:

Post a Comment