Thursday, September 1, 2022

Missy Elliot

 


I'm so excited for this post. I just know I'm about to have a jam session once it's done because Missy Elliot....Yes! 

I think my intro to Missy was in 6th grade with the Get Your Freak On album. I was transfixed by the music video....the sound. No one does it like Missy. She is a truly a one of a kind artist. 

So where to start? 

We'll start with Get Your Freak On since it was my intro and still one of her most memorable.  Although most of her songs/music vids are unforgettable anyway.


Next up Ching-A-Ling. I think this was on Dance Central...I should play this for me every payday. I think it was on Dance Central 3 and that's how I originally heard it. Now I want to go play Dance Central. They have quite a few Missy songs actually...


Next up, Lost Control. This came out at a time where I watched a lot of BET and MTV, so I've seen this music video approximately one million times. I think Ciara and Missy should collab again..


Throw it Back might be my favorite Missy song.  Why does this not have more views? I love everything about this song and the video. I love trying to do the dance moves. I have a lot of fun trying even if I can't dance 😂


I thought Lick Shots was a single and had a music video? I feel like I used to hear it on the radio. Anyway, it's also in my Missy playlist. 


I listen to this song one time and the rest of the day I'm singing "Break Me Off, Show Me What You Got". Just all day...it's my jam though. Also $5 Dolla Brother 😂😩

Love Sock It To Me. Also..this music video is so cool! 

Another one where I have no idea where the views are? I love this song, 2nd favorite Missy song for sure. Love, love, love, love this beat. 

Going through these songs, I'm starting to feel like my life was defined in Missy Elliot chapters.  I definitely used to know all the lyrics to this song...it still goes hard.


I think I lied earlier...I think Work It might be my favorite Missy song. I don't even want to finish this post.  I just want to dance and sing this song the rest of the night. I'm gonna finish it though.


Somehow I missed this one when it came out. I love the music video though....I always listen to it a few times when it comes on my shuffle. One of my favorite car songs...

I need Missy to release another album...and more collabs.

Oh, saw this in my feed the other day....I just love it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment