Friday, September 23, 2022

The Body Shop Strawberry Hand Cream Review


 

Are there any great strawberry scented bath and body products that you've come across? I always find the Strawberry scent is never spot on. The Body Shop is close. I can recognize the scent as strawberry...when I think about it. Anyway, I seem to be collecting hand creams and this is the newest one to my collection. It was on sale..that's why.

The Body Shop claims:

Perfect for on-the-go hydration, don't leave home without this handcream. Infused with the scent of fruity strawberry, the light, gel-cream formula absorbs quickly, helping to soften and protect the hands.

  • Hand cream
  • Nourishes hands
  • Light, non-greasy texture
  • Leaves hands feeling softer and smoother
  • Hands and cuticles will be left feeling silky soft
  • Convenient travel size
  • Cold-pressed strawberry seed oil
  • Community Fair Trade shea from Ghana

Made in Thailand

I think I paid 2 or 3 dollars for it...unfortunately don't think it's worth even that. The Body Shop used to make one of my favorite hand creams. The Hemp one was the best thing ever for dry hands. I really should get another tube and see if it's the same. 


Anyway, the strawberry scent. This is one of the better Strawberry scents, I can see why it's called Strawberry. And I'm sure it smells like some type of strawberry, just not the ones I am used to getting in the store. It's also surprisingly strongly scented. I don't remember past Body Shop products using quite so much fragrance. But I don't mind it. If you like the scent...at least it's strong. 

It really sticks to your hands too. 

The texture is kinda different-it's a cream gel. Lately they have really been experimenting with their textures but I like the old school formulas better. I don't need a gel anything unless it's in the summer or for my oily face. 

But the moisture...almost non-existent. This might be ok for people with non-dry hands- but then why use hand cream? I just don't think it does much of anything. And especially not in color weather. It's ok to use before going to bed. Then I feel like I wake up and my hands are slightly softer but as soon as I wash my hands, the effect is gone.

I was kind of shocked to see this was made in Thailand. Back in the day, all of their products were made in the UK. I've seen some of the more recent stuff made in Germany. Interesting. 

Some decent ingredients but mostly towards the end so only in small quantities. Not really impressed with this ingredient list.

Ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Parfum, Cetyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycine Soja Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Fragaria Ananassa Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Citric Acid, Caramel, CI 14700.

Overall, not for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment