Friday, October 14, 2022

Atelier Cologne Bois Montmartre Candle Review

 I've been reviewing a lot of candles lately..seems I've just been burning right through them. I have one lit that I think is one of my favorite candles...it's not this candle. But I will probably go ahead and review it very soon. I want to burn it at least half way through it first. But back to this candle, I picked it up because it was on sale. And it wasn't even worth the sale price. I'm glad I got the small size though.

Atelier claims:

A COZY EVENING IN AN INSPIRING PARISIAN ATELIE

LIGHTING AN ATELIER COLOGNE CANDLE IS AN OPEN DOOR TO REFINED HOMES WITH A SOUL. OUR CANDLES ARE AN INVITATION TO INSPIRING AND INVITING HOMES AROUND THE WORLD. EXPLORE THE CREATIVE AND AUTHENTIC VIBES OF A PARISIAN ATELIER WITH THE TIMELESS NOTES OF VETIVER AND PINE OF BOIS MONTMARTRE.

IN THIS WORKSHOP, THE ARTIST KEEPS MEMORIES OF ADVENTURES FROM REMOTE PLACES. PIECES OF WOODS ON HIS DESK EVOCATE SCENTS THAT TAKE HIM BACK TO THOSE INSPIRING PLACES. THIS OLFACTORY PALETTE MATCHES THE PINE NEEDLES CRACKLING IN A COSY FIREPLACE. A BLEND THAT FEEDS HIS INSPIRATION COUNTLESS TIMES ON THOSE WINTER EVENINGS


I guess maybe I should have done a better job of reading the notes. It's supposed to smell like a Paris workshop. I haven't been in one, and this is probably not what I would imagine it to smell like.  The notes are vetiver and pine. 

Vetiver is an odd scent...I have the essential oil and it's not really a scent I like. But I do like pine. This candle smells like neither. When I first opened it, I thought it smelled like Marzipan. I just knew I was going to love it lit. But nope. UPDATE: Now that I relit it, I do get the pine note...whoops!

It doesn't really smell like Marzipan lit, but there is a pleasant powdery scent. What throws it off is this weird mustard/pickle juice note. There's just something odd smelling about this candle. I don't like that note at all, which makes me not like the candle. It's not the most horrible scent I've ever smelled, but I really dislike it. 

It is pretty strong but not in an overwhelming or overpowering way. It fills my room really well, and I can definitely smell it. I was scared it wouldn't have any scent since the size is really small (70 grams). 

The candle performance is good. I'm pretty sure it's paraffin wax. I prefer other wax types for sure. I think my favorite is Coconut Wax. It just seems healthier (even though it's all indoor pollution). The wax melts evenly and has burned nicely all the way down. It also seems to be evenly scented too. 

I do really like the packaging. The little blue glass jar is really nice, I am going to reuse it to hold a makeup kabuki brush I have when it's empty. It's the perfect size for that. 

Overall, didn't like the scent. But I do love my electric lighter...that you can recharge. I got it off Amazon and love it so far...I have no idea how it works, just that it works and if you like candles it's a good thing to have.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment