Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Lux Naturals Watermelon Soap Review

 I'm exhausted and a little drained. My baking adventures did not go as planned. I made not so tasty red velvet cookies. I love red velvet cake but not sure how that flavor can transfer to a cookie without the magic of the buttermilk and vinegar. Unless you use artificial flavors. Which I don't. And my oven refuses to heat up to the right temp. It either is not hot enough and you turn it up and it burns everything. Not fun. Anyway...let's talk Watermelon soap. Because at least that's fun.

Lux claims:

This fun summer soap also has the added benefits of French Pink Clay. 4.2 oz.


Isn't this soap so cute? Lux only offers this in the summer. It looks like a Watermelon soap slice. You have the green rind, the pink part (which has faded to a blue grey pink since it's colored with clay) and even the "seeds". It's cute, even faded. I like that they colored it with more natural pigments. Clay and Spiralina are good for the skin! 

The scent is as close to Watermelon as you can get with synthetic scent/fragrance oil. It kinda smells like watermelon candy, and something reminiscent of fresh watermelon but not quite spot on.  I don't think there is anything that can truly replicate the scent of Watermelon though. I too hink this is a great try. 

It's not my favorite scent though. I'll use it up but likely wouldn't be something I need to get again. 

The soap itself is nice, I find I get two weeks out of it. I cut it in half too which helps. If you are more conservative with it, it would probably last longer.  It makes a nice lather that doesn't dry my skin whatsoever. I can skip lotion with no issues.

The ingredients are excellent. I like it because it's a little different and has more variety in ingredients than some homemade soapers. It has Shea and Cocoa Butters, two of my favorite butters. Wish they were fair trade. It doesn't say. It has Castor, Avocado, and Jojoba. All great oils for the skin. And black sesame seeds to replicate the watermelon seeds. They really do look like itty bitty watermelon seeds. 

Ingredients:

Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Fragrance*, French Pink Clay, Iron Pigment, Spirulina, Black Sesame Seeds. *Phthalate Free. 97% Natural

Overall, I think it's OK. I really like soaps from this brand and if you are a watermelon scent fan, it might be worth trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment