Saturday, October 1, 2022

Dial White AntiBacterial Soap Review

 It's October, which means time for all the scary movies-Halloween movies. I'm going to start off with Hocus Pocus. I really hope its good because Disney has been missing the mark for me lately. I was excited for Pinoochio, was very happy to see how they did the Blue Fairy. But so disappointed in Pinnochio, I think they lost the heart of the story. 

Dial claims:

Indulge in a rich, creamy lather for the perfect balance of feeling clean and moisturized. Get healthy feeling skin with Dial Antibacterial Deodorant Bar Soap.

Tackle life’s messiest moments together with our heritage fragrance your family already knows and loves. Fresh as a new morning, this nostalgic scent will leave you ready to make even more memories, from bath time to play time.


I haven't used a Dial soap in years. I think it was all due to a bad experience with the White Tea and Vitamin E Soap. That was a horrible soap, it smelled awful and dried my skin out. Due to that I was expecting to hate this but..I like it.

It has that "Dial" scent. I associate it with hotels. As a kid there were times we spent weeks in them and Dial soap was the staple. This smells like that. Hard to describe but unforgettably Dial. I like the scent though, smells like soap and it smells clean. 

The soap itself is nice, lathers easily, rinses easily, cleans well, and doesn't dry my skin.

I like it as a hand soap..but not really a fan of the logo. It seems to attract dirt since its cut into the soap so deep and the soap just sits there looking dirty. Not a fan of that. 

It is antibacterial. Antibacterial ingredients over the years have been a little controversial. The first anti-bacterial ingredient , Hexachlorophene, was said to cause brain damage in infants. The next antibac ingredient triclosan has also been banned. Benzalkonium Chloride is what is being used now and there doesn't seem to be enough information on it, but I wonder if in a few years it will banned as well. As far as ingredients, Dial is not really a brand that inspires trust. And I don't really think those type of ingredients are necessary in soap.

I did hear they did change the ingredients recently, the soap is now vegan as they eliminated the beef fate (sodium tallowate) 

Ingredients:

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocotte, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Palm Acid, Palm Kernelate, Stearic Acid, Tallow Acid, PEG Methyl Ether, Salt, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alcohol.

Overall, a nice classic soap. I wouldn't buy this one again but I might pick up the other scents just to try out.





No comments:

Post a Comment