Monday, October 3, 2022

Tzatziki Sauce, Banana Walnut Chip Ice cream, and Chicken Pot Pie

 I usually don't blog on Mondays because of House of Dragon. This last episode was so good....I want Dragons. I'm already thinking ahead to how it's supposed to end this month. I wish there were more episodes. But before I start dwelling on the last episode and it's impending end I figured I would knock out this post. 

So what have I been making....? Tzatziki sauce. I'm a fan..morseo of the spicy version. I've never made it myself. It was very easy and very good. Just yoghurt, fresh dill (I only used a little and threw the rest of the dill out unfortunately), garlic,  cucumber, and salt. I think that was it. I don't need to make the sauce often but if I ever needed it again, I would make this version. I put mine on roasted chicken wraps. Homemade wraps and roasted the chicken myself. You can find the recipe here.






Excuse my ugly shaped wraps, I'm too lazy to roll them out nicely. But they taste amazing.

Then I made a chicken pot pie. Mostly because I had a crust recipe. I used my go to filling...
 This is basically a vegan crust. No butter, no shortening. Just oil. It was a nice texture and very firm. But I missed that buttery taste. I rolled it very ugly. I think I was just so unsure of it that I lost enthusiasm so I rolled it out and threw it on the pie. I think a mixture of the oil- I used Olive and Butter would make the ultimate crust. But as written..nope. I should have brushed it with milk or egg to give it some color. Crust recipe is here.



And lastly...the star of the show. Banana Walnut Chip Ice cream. This was so good. More work than other flavors I have been making. But top three. The banana flavor was really light and I kinda lost the pieces of banana.  The caramel also didn't stay very thick and noticeable but still came out amazing. This was my first time melting down some chocolate and pouring it in. Loved the small chocolate pieces throughout that technique made. You can find the recipe here. Also...no eggs so these ice creams always have the best texture fresh churned. It's still good a few days later but best that first day.

Yum


And that's all. Until next time....










No comments:

Post a Comment