Monday, October 10, 2022

Mtume

 


Quick post before the entire weekend slides right by. 

I feel like not a lot of people know this group but even if you don't and you've been listening to hip hop, you will definitely recognize that they have been sampled quite a bit. Especially in the 90's.

So the most sampled song without a doubt is Juicy Fruit. I used to have this song on my Myspace page. It was one of the first things I figured out how to do when I joined. Still one of my favorite songs. Shouts out allllll the American Candy classics. How does this only have 15 million views?


Next song is You, Me, And He. One of those sneaky oldies about cheating. This video is just bringing the 80's video drama. I definitely love the first song more but this one is on the playlist. It kinds reminds me of Atlantic Starr's Secret Lovers.



If you love 80's music groups like I do, they are worth checking out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment