Thursday, October 6, 2022

Juliette Has a Gun Lilli Fantasy Eau De Parfum Review

 I've done a really good job of varying the brands I have been trying lately. So often I get "stuck" in a certain brand and just buy from that brand over and over. I first saw this brand on Sephora and was curious about it, the name is interesting. 

I wanted to know more about the naming and this is what the site says:

Created in France between Paris and Grasse by Romano Ricci, great grandson of Nina Ricci. A twisted heroine of Shakespeare transported into the 21st century with a gun, metaphor for her perfume, her weapon of seduction.

A collection of fragrances designed for one who also understands that wearing a signature scent goes far beyond the simple fact of smelling just “nice”... It’s a statement. An affirmation of who you are. Romano Ricci aims to restore perfumes to what they should always be: emblems of style and originality.

I figured it has something to do with Shakespeare. Was surprised to see the link to Nina Ricci as that is a brand I recently tried and reviewed when I bought L'air Du Temps. 

Anyway...I bought this because it was one sale. 

Juliette Has a Gun claims:

TOO FAB...

To give a damn

An extravagant cocktail of White Flowers and Ambery notes, perverted with a Bubble Gum gourmand twist. An olfactory whirlwind that will announce your arrival...and recall you after you're gone!

Made in USA

So this is nothing like the description. I feel like I get tuberose (which is a note I like and can now recognize) and patchouli. It smells nice...except I don't like how heavy the patchouli seems. It just seems to take over even though it's not listed as a note. Odd. Could just be my skin or that perfume note they use that is different to everyones nose. Maybe it's just Patchouli to me? IDK.

I don't get warm and ambery notes. I don't get gourmand either. It does smell nice when I just spray on my skin and sniff really close. But since I don't really use perfumes in that way, I spray and go and it smells completely different that way.

Now that I am reading bubble gum..I get that too. But not in a childish, sickly way. 

The perfume itself is .25 ounces. Comes in a really nice thick glass spray. I thought it was a rollerball but I like that it's a spray. Better village. 

It also doesn't seem to have the best lasting power and what I'm left with at the end of the day reminds me of what cheaper brands turn into. 

It's just not for me. I am glad I tried a new brand and also glad I have to smaller size. 

Have you tried this brand? Love it? Hate It? 



No comments:

Post a Comment