Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Lush Sleepy Dust Body Powder Review

I love the way Lush names their body powers- this makes the third one I have tried after Fairy Dust and Silky Underwear.  This is one of the things I stocked up on in the Christmas sale. Hopefully they go on sale again, because I do want to grab a few more for the next year. They do last quite a long time though. I need maybe 2-3 a year. 

Lush claims:

With this body powder, you can fall asleep gently covered on the sofa at any time of the day, whenever you need a break. So take a quick shower and then dive from head to toe into this dreamy powder before you wrap yourself in a cocoon of blankets.

Lavender blends with tonka and warming benzoin resin to create a beguiling and at the same time extremely relaxing fragrance. Kaolin has a mattifying effect, oat oil helps your skin retain moisture. Only a small breath of powder is enough to prepare your skin for a well-deserved rest. Sleep well.

This is how it works:
Dry yourself after bathing or showering. Sprinkle the powder on your skin, massage it in and you are ready for a restful sleep!
You can also apply it in addition to the Sleepy Body Lotion or the Sleep Massage Oil to absorb excess butter and prepare to slip into your favorite pajamas.

Sleepy Dust. Sounds like something fairies run around sprinkling into the air at bed time. I love the Lush Sleepy scent. It's is the perfect sweet Vanilla Lavender scent. It used to be the only kind of Lavender scent I could stand but herbal lavender scents have definitely grown on me. The only thing about this scent is it doesn't last long. A few minutes later, you can't even smell it. 


It has a lot of uses though, just a general body powder or a sleep dust.  I used it once to sprinkle in my bed before I went to sleep and the burst of the scent was nice but it really did not last long. I wanted it to stick around since it is a relaxing and a perfect bedtime scent. I also like to use when when I'm wearing a dress to help keep the thigh chafing in check. It works well but you do have to reapply. 

The ingredients are nice. I like that is doesn't have talc. 

Ingredients:

Tapioca Starch, Magnesium Carbonate, Baking Soda, Chamomile Powder, Lavender Powder, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resin, Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamon, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour.

Overall, I do wish the scent would stick around. But I do love the initial burst of scent. I will probably keep on buying dusting powders from Lush. I do generally like them and there aren't very many alternatives except baby powder- which is nice but I think I enjoy the Lush scents more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment