Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Mielle Babassu & Mint Deep Conditioner Review


I think I've really messed up my ankle, I did a "barre" workout a few weeks ago that had you squatting and a few other ballet moves and did a little too much I guess. It's been hurting ever since, not helped by the fact that I keep on playing dancing games and all sorts of other stuff on it but I don't learn. I'm just hoping it heals on it's own but I should probably be  little more pro-active by staying off it. 

Mielle claims:


Restore dry and damaged hair with this replenishing organic hair conditioner from Mielle!

• Reduces frizz and flyaways
• Infuses hair with protein and moisture
• Made with certified organic ingredients

Derived from an Amazonian palm fruit, babassu oil contains high concentrations of sterols and tocopherols to moisturize and improve hair and scalp. That’s why it’s one of the main ingredients of this hair conditioner with organic ingredients. Our Babassu Oil & Mint Deep Conditioner is enriched with fatty acids and natural oils, as well as complex amino acids from wheat, soy, and other all-natural ingredients, to help hydrate and replenish your hair. Give your hair the care it deserves – order your Mielle Organics hair products today!

8 fl. oz. | Formulated for all hair types | Safe for color-treated hair | Not tested on animals

The haircare aisle in my local store is really changing. I am really starting to notice there are so many woman owned, black owned brands to support. This particular brand is new to me, but I was in need of a new deep conditioner and figured I would give this a try.

We'll start with scent. It smells like a mixture of lemongrass and mint (mostly lemongrass). It's not my favorite scent for haircare but it does smell like it's scented with essential oils or natural fragrance which is nice. 

The texture is just like any other conditioner. Easy to apply, easy to rinse out. Feels pretty hydrating and makes my hair look more hydrated for a few days afterwards. 

It claims to be a balanced deep conditioner- so moisture AND strength a. I agree. I think it's great protein conditioner, mostly because it doesn't make my hair feel hard yet it does feel stronger. It's hard to find a product that balances both perfectly. I think this does manage to get it right. 

As for detangling, it's not the best. It does alright..but I think there are things that do better. I can't fault it though since it does basically everything else perfectly It even provides some shine! 

Ingredients are decent- I notice it has Babassu Oil front and center. It's an oil that really seems to agree with my hair. Props to the Anita Grant hair products which were the first products I remember seeing with Babassu Oil. It has all kinds of protein and hair strengthening ingredients along with fruit extracts, and different essential oils.

Ingredients:

Water/aqua/eau, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, cetylesters, *Orbignya oleifera (babassu) seed oil, Pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, glycerin, sodium PCA, sodium lactate, arginine, aspartic acid, PCA, glycine, alanine, serine, valine, proline, threonine, isoleucine, histidine, phenylalanine, *Euterpe oleracea (acai) pulp oil, Pentaclethra macroloba (pracaxi) seed oil, *Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, *Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) oil, *Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil, Salvia officinalis (Sage) oil, Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, Citrus paradise (Grapefruit) peel oil, Litsea cubeba fruit oil, Mentha Viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, isoamyl laurate, dehydroacetic acid, benzyl alcohol

Overall, I think this is a great deep conditioner. It would make my top five for sure! I definitely think this is worth trying and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on more from the brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment