Monday, November 14, 2022

Nat King Cole/ Natalie Cole

 




Figured I would do a joint post for Jazz Singer Nat King Cole and his daughter Natalie. I'm not the biggest fan of Nat's music, it's just not my cup of tea since I favor more soul/blues sounding type of oldies. But I recognize he paved the way for many black artists-including his own daughter, respect. 

So let's get started. Starting with L-O-V-E. Isn't this a movie classic, I feel like I've heard it on a ton of movies and can't quite pin down which ones. I like this song though, puts a smile on my face. 


And last, Nature Boy. I feel like every single Jazz artist has a cover of this one. I like the original version though...it's kinda haunting? 

And now Natalie Cole. I like her music a bit more. Where to start? I used to hear I Live For Your Love on the radio all the time not knowing who was singing it. But I really like this song.


Next up Miss You Like Crazy. Isn't is crazy how Natalie literally has Nat's whole face? 


Can't miss her most popular song! I love the outfits, the fros, and check out that blue eyeshadow?!? This is one song you play at the cookout/family reunion, I have a few memories of this one at family get togethers, good times :).


I guess I saved the best for last? Because I've Got Love on My Mind is without a doubt my fave Natalie Cole song. I could delete almost all of the others (except the last) as long as I can keep this one.


Studio Version too, I tend to like the studio versions over her live performances. IDK.

And that's all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment