Sunday, November 6, 2022

Mya

 Do ya'll see the Powerball? It's at 1.9 billion...so high. Makes me want to fly back stateside so I can pick up  ticket. Or 50. At least increase my odds or something. IDK.

But back to the music. With some jams that take me back to the 6th grade specifically. I vaguely remember school dances and them playing The Case of the Ex. And every girl singing the long. As soon as we heard that beginning it was over. Oddly enough I never saw the music video. I only just now saw that last year sometime. Crazy. I don't love the song now..but it's the nostalgia factor. 

I like Ridin'. Lyrically not my favorite but I don't know...I can't delete it out my iTunes collection.


Then we have My Love is Like...Wo. This one takes me right back to middle school. I remember them playing this video all the time on MTV. I would always catch it at lunchtime in the AYA (Teen center?) 


Why Should I Believe You was on the Life Soundtrack, and my Dad used to play that album all the time. I didn't realize it was Mya til a few years ago. I think this might be my favorite by her. 

It's All About Me might be my second fave. And Dru Hill? Yes please. 


Mya always seems a little forgotten when I think of solo female artists from the 90's. I always think ofBrandy, Monica, girl groups (En Vogue etc). I don't think her music had that timeless feel but I still really like some of her songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment