Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Ne-Yo

I was going to write this post last night, but I came home, made a steak, ate a steak, and went straight to bed. All before 9.00 p.m. I was worn out. I feel a lot better today so let's talk Neyo. One of the best songwriters of this time. I feel like the art of songwriting has largely been suffering in RnB. 

Where to Start? Because of You. See all that Michael Jackson influence? I love seeing that. This song is on Dance Central 3 (download) but they coulda did better on the Dance. It wasn't worth downloading.


Make it Work is one of my faves. It just makes so much sense. Perfectly written. 


I love Say It. I think my freshman year roommate played the mess out of this song.. at some point I think I was tired of it. But I love it again now.


Add Go On Girl to the playlist too. Just smoove.


I think So Sick was his first hit. I remember they wore this one out on the radio. Until I was so sick of this song. A few years later, I like it again.

I always forget Ne-Yo can move. Always. Every time I watch his vids, I'm like Oh...he can dance?!?!?! Wow. 

I think Let Go was my favorite off the In My Own Words album.


I love this music video . I appreciate a man in a suit. And I really love his dedication to hats. And the MJ moves again. Actually this reminds me of Michael Jackson's music vids. 


I love, LOVE Jealous! This is one I get stuck on, gotta repeat it a few times. 


Same goes for Miss Right. I was obsessed with this song a little over the summer. 


I feel songs like She Got Her Own shaped who I wanted to be. I love blasting this in my car and feeling extra good about myself cause I paid it off mostly by myself. 

Miss Independent is that song too! Made for a Boss.


Mad is a good song/video with a good message. 


And last one Closer.  I think this one is on Dance Central too. There were a surprising amount of his songs on Dance Central. I kinda want to play it now...If I can't remember anything else in life, I can remember all the songs on Dance Central.


And now I'm off to have a Ne-Yo concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment