Sunday, November 20, 2022

Zwilling Twinox Cuticle Cutter and Cuticle Pusher Review

 I'm having the ultimate do nothing weekend. I didn't even go to the grocery store. I really haven't done much of anything except a little working out..it's been so nice. Every now and again you just need a weekend like that. Now that the day is winding down, figured I would do a quick review. 

Zwilling claims:

  • 2-in-1 combination instrument with nail cleaner and cuticle pusher 
  • Design: the cuticle pusher and nail cleaner is characterised by an ergonomic shape 
  • Production to perfection: rust-proof matt satin stainless steel is brought to perfection in a high quality finish 
  • Features a triangular, tapered nail cleaner and a rounded cuticle pusher for easy, precise cleaning and care of the nail edges and beds 
  • Premium nail care tool for nails - for beautiful toenails, feet, fingernails and hands

  • Sharp, angled blades for extra precise results 
  • Inspired by the simple functionality of tweezers for the removal of irritating skin residue without tearing or pulling on the skin 
  • Production to perfection: rust-proof matt satin stainless steel is brought to perfection in a high-quality finish 
  • Premium quality with innovative Diamond Like carbon coating in matt black; can be disinfected with alcohol 
  • Quality nail care from Zwilling for optimal results and optimal ease of use

Over the summer I really wanted to get my nails done, mostly for some cuticle care. They were looking a mess and the stuff I bought to maintain them really wasn't doing a great job. I couldn't really find a place with good reviews that made me want to try out and I really didn't want to end up going somewhere that would just end up disappointing, especially at the prices they are charging these days. 

Around the same time I had about a month of Amazon Prime and also a "gift" card I wanted to use. I was in need of a cuticle pusher since I recently threw one away (it was terrible quality! I had it for years though). They have a lot of selection but I wanted to go for something higher quality and not made in China.  Basically I wanted to treat myself. So I ended up buying from Zwilling, which is made in Germany.

They are definitely high quality and I will probably have them for a lifetime. The cuticle pusher is really effective and miles better than my previous one. But I do have to be careful with it. I tend to be rough when pushing them back and one of the first times I used it I pushed so hard it slipped and kinda sliced my finger (no blood). Since then I have been really careful and gentle. When used properly though, I really do like them and they do a great job of scraping everything up.

After I'm done pushing the cuticles back, sometimes there is cuticle that sticks up,  so I clip it off the with Cutters. They are almost like nail clippers for your cuticle. It's really hard to over cut or hurt myself with them. That being said, they aren't the sharpest, and sometimes take some pushing/pulling to cut. I'm sure there are better and sharper ones out there but I do like that these feel a little "safer". You do risk infection if you cut too much of your cuticle. It's probably best to not cut them, but I like to get rid of excess. I don't go too crazy, just a nip or two here and there.

Overall, I'm glad to have them in my nail care collection. I'll probably have them forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment