Friday, December 23, 2022

Aveda Rosemary Mint Bath Bar Review

 


Three days until Christmas. I'm excited because I have the next four days off, work three days, then three more days off. Yay for the Holidays! 

Aveda claims:
Bath bar refreshes with rosemary and peppermint, lightly exfoliates.

Bath bar with invigorating aroma of certified organic rosemary and peppermint that lingers after you rinse. Lightly exfoliates.
• Creamy lather
• Hard-milled to last


First Aveda product I am reviewing here on the blog. I remember years ago when I would sign up for all the free samples and I got a pretty generous sample of a shampoo and conditioner from Aveda. I can't remember which they were, just that they were amazing! I don't think I've used anything since that left my hair quite so moisturized and healthy looking. That was back when I had relaxed hair though. 

Their Rosemary Mint line is pretty popular. Rosemary Mint is a popular Essential Oil combination. I've used quite a few things with the combo. Usually the Rosemary falls to the wayside. It just blends so well with mint. The scent of this was a bit of a let down. It's kinda light, doesn't really fill the bathroom and just isn't the "spa" experience" I thought I was going to get. It's a nice scent....but very subdued and not very unique. I had soap from Indigo Wild Zum in the same scent that I think I would prefer over this one- it was great for easing headaches. 

It claims to exfoliate- Nope! But it does look very interesting. There are random blobs of green on the soap bar, at first I thought it was mint but it's almost like a melt n pour soap. It lathers really nicely, and does not dry my skin out at all. My skin just feels normal/comfortable afterwards.

Oh almost forgot, it can get a bit tingly on sensitive skin but I rarely notice it.

It claims to be hard-milled and it will last awhile...but doesn't seem to last any longer than other soaps.

The ingredients are pretty good too!  

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Menthol, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Citrate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289) <ILN37476>


I think I bought mine for around $12.00. The list price is $23. Definitely not worth that much. I think $12 is a good price for it, $10 would be even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment