Thursday, December 22, 2022

Omnia BOM-43 Blending Brush Review

 

Quick review in between Christmas movies. We just got done watching Home Alone 2, after watching the first one last night. I just love those movies, I think I have probably talked about it five billion times this season. One day when I win the lottery I want to stay at The Plaza and do their Home Alone package. Only when I win the lottery though. 

Omnia claims:

Lightly lay down color, soften edges, and blend shadow with this ultra soft brush. Its small, flat shape also makes it ideal for setting concealer in small areas of the face without disturbing the makeup underneath.

OMNIA® GOLD is the next-generation of professional makeup brushes. Each brush uses only the finest quality natural hair. This hair is meticulously selected and incredibly soft while still maintaining the density needed to pick up and deposit product with accuracy and precision. Every brush is handcrafted to perfection, creating the finest brush possible, exceeding all expectations.

Can never have enough blending brushes so this is one of the newest in my collection. They are all different and this one is different to all of the ones in my collection. If I compare it to the most popular blending type brushes-MAC 217 and their copies. The MAC brush is more fluffy while this is definitely shaped and tapered. It's really soft and gives a soft blend. Sometimes so soft I'm not sure it's doing the job. It can lay color down and does a pretty good job too. I was surprised. 

This one excels at softly blending the colors that like to blend away. The ones that don't stick to your eyelid and other brushes just take them right off. Or it works well for putting colors in the crease that are easy to overdo, I have some deep browns I like using to add definition but I only like it applied lightly and this brush does all the work for me. 

I really like the brush but not a fan of the handle. I never really liked the gold color- not sure why. And I don't like the way the handle feels or the fact that it peels away. Luckily I bought the brush on sale which is really the only way I would buy this line since the handles regularly do that. They really should just use regular paint on the handles. 

Overall, not a must have brush but I am happy to have it in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment