Monday, December 19, 2022

Samples Review: Diptyque L'ombrera Dans L'Eau Parfum , Diptyque Des Sens Eau De Toilette, MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick

I'm about to have a Christmas movie night while googling like mad and trying to figure out what I want to make for Christmas Dinner. I'm in charge this Christmas and it's up to me to figure out 😁. Traditionally we usually eat lasagna. Maybe I'll go with that. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll collab with my sister and see what she wants to do. 


Dytique L'ombre Dans L'eau Parfum- It's Baies in perfume form. So black currant and rose. A very unique scent. It's grown on me because I wasn't too sure about it at first. It starts off really green, has that sour sweet of the black currant, and a lot of rose. I really love catching whiffs of it, not really a scent I want to wear out the house, but something I like wearing when I'm home. 


Just sniffing this perfume on it's own, I really, really liked it. But something about the initial spray, I don't like. It smells off to me and I don't know what it is. It does get better as I wear it, but those first scent notes remind me of a Mrs. Meyers scent or something I would use as a candle in the bathroom or even kitchen. Not really for me...although it really is a unique scent. I guess it's supposed to be Orange Blossom. I don't really know what that smells like though. 
Last up, MAC Powder Kiss. I've had a few of these sample cards. I love the regular old bullet lipsticks. MAC makes amazing lipsticks...wasn't sure about the Powder Kiss though. I think overall, they aren't for me. I like the texture, I like the way it looks, a matte with a soft opaque look. I like it, but I think an opaque lipstick is more versatile, although you can't make it look quite like these look. They are a bit drying over time. And the wear time is disappointing. I feel like they don't stay where I put them and disappear kinda quickly. Also the three sample colors weren't the best looking on me. They aren't on my radar to purchase, but really I just don't need any new lip colors.


And that's all! 





No comments:

Post a Comment