Sunday, December 18, 2022

Senna Cosmetics Eyeshadow Haul

In retrospect I really probably shouldn't have bought these. But I was ordering some more brushes (don't really need those either). Figured for only a dollar can't go wrong. I probably wouldn't order anymore shadows from Senna though because I feel they could do a better job of swatching and taking pics of the colors for the website- especially if you were to pay full price for the shadows. None of the colors came how I expected them to look. I really only  love two colors, maybe three and the rest I could have left alone. 


Wicked Wine- First color is Wicked Wine. This is Ok. I think I prefer MAC Cranberry on me as this seems a bit muted/dull on my complexion. I won't throw it away...but don't see it becoming a favorite. It has quite a bit of sparkle to it as most the shades do. I kinda like actual shimmer over sparkle though.

Purple Haze- A cooler purple shade. Not going to be a favorite but it's definitely wearable. (Trashed, too glittery, not enough color base)

Pink Diamond- This is one of my favorites. I love a nice pink eyeshadow and I think this one looks pretty good one me. I don't think I have anything similar so this one was worth getting.

Silhouette- A cool toned shade that looks pretty nice on me. I like it..but i have a few similar shades from Urban  Decay so wasn't really one that was needed in my collection. 

Chameleon- I think I might end of trashing this one later on. I think I wanted it because it's supposed to be pearly or a lot of tones in one but it just shows up too light on me. No dimension that I notice. I'll play with it a little more before I toss it out though. (Trashed)

Smoky Quartz- I love the Smoky Quartz stone. I thought this was going to be warmer...I do like it. I can always use more mid-tone browns since I have been using the ones in my collection up so not mad about adding this to the collection.

Capri- I love a good blue...this one has a pretty tone to it. Maybe not the most flattering on me but wearable. 

Dragonfly- One of my favorites. It's that blue brown pigment type shade but more muted and wearable for everyday. I like it!

Fixation- Such a pretty green in the pan but doesn't show up on my skintone like that. It's a blackened green with not enough green. Not sure this is a keeper. Might be one I end up getting rid of. 

Posh- Regular regular reddish burgundy. Nothing special.

Tourmaline-This one is probably going to be trashed as well. Grey just doesn't do anything for my complexion. This doesn't have the best quality either. It looks to be a baby blue but goes so dull on the eye. (Trashed)

Minx- Looks like a shimmery brown...really it's one of those Matts with glitters. I have a ton of matte brown shades. Probably didn't need this but I'll definitely end up using it. 


Last four...I forgot to swatch and I'm feeling lazy. I'll have to swatch them later. 


Pistachio- We have Pistachio which is garbage. It's one that blends away immediately after spend time you build it up for 10 minutes. (Trashed)

Lexicon- A sparkly black with blue sparkle that doesn't show up. I think this one was free. I doubt I ordered it. I'm grateful but don't think this will be a favorite. 

Fantasy- A nice light purple shade. I like warmer purples though so will use it but likely won't love it.

Adonis- I've wanted MAC Plumage forever so this is my $1 substitute. I like it so far. Will probably end up using it as a liner the most. I think this one is nicer than a similar color I have from Viseart. (Trashed- it oxidizes to a muddy black color, it's also very patchy so out it went)

And that's all....I'll probably come back and post updates as I use them up and form more of an opinion on them. 

Kinda wish I stuck with the brushes though. They are definitely good quality for $1, but I would never pay full price for them. I'm just not the biggest fan of the tones or the excess sparkle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment