Thursday, December 1, 2022

Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Water and Mimosa Flower Body Lotion Review

 Can you believe it's already December? This year flew by. I still need to do my Christmas shopping. I meant to have it all done on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and did none of it. Whoops. I still have time though. Maybe I'll get started after this post.

Love, Beauty and Plant claims:

Give your skin a boost of freshness with this body lotion infused with coconut water. Your body will feel hydrated and refreshed for 24 hours and left with a delicate mimosa flower scent. This body lotion is also 95% Naturally Derived and cruelty-free, paraben-free, silicone-free, sulfate-free, dye-free, & formulated without phthalates.
 Our Love Beauty and Planet Coconut Water and Mimosa Flower Luscious Hydration Body Lotion gives your skin a refreshing moisture splash, leaving you feeling hydrated and refreshed. Not to forget, this body lotion is made with plant-based moisturizers and contains no parabens, silicones, or dyes and leaves you and the planet a little more beautiful.

This formula is blended with coconut water (yes, it's making a splash everywhere!), often called "dew from the heavens" by native Hawaiians.

Experience a powerful, rich burst of freshness with Moroccan Mimosa Flower scent.Made in Russia
   
I've been seeing this brand a lot lately....haven't been tempted to buy it at all. I got this from my Mom, she used it a few times, then said it was making her skin dry and itchy so she passed it along to me. 

I think the reason why the brand never appealed to me is because it looks like a corporate attempt (Unilever)  to appear sustainable and interested in the environment etc. But maybe I'm being too harsh, it's probably good they are trying.  It claims to be vegan, cruelty free, and to use ethically sourced Mimosa Water. The bottle is made from 100% recyclable plastic. But is the bottle 100% recyclable?  A lot of the times the pump isn't that recyclable. I just think they should have come up with a better solution to the plastic issue. And made sure the bottle was completely recyclable. but it is something they say they are working on, on their site. 

As for the lotion itself, feels like any other moisturizer you can find. Lightweight, takes a little to rub in (or maybe I'm using too much). It's very light weight though and won't do much for really dry skin or rough areas. 

The scent is OK. I don't really know what Mimosa Flower smells like. I do get a little of the Coconut. I think that's what makes it smell slightly sour. Reminds me of how a lot of Bath and Body Works scents smell slightly sour.  It's not my type of scent but it's also not offensive. 

There is an expiration date on it printed right on the bottle. I like that. You can toss it away when it expires . Though I tend to keep things past expiration- especially Lush stuff. Whoops. 

Ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja Oil, Glycol Stearate, Acacia Decurrens Flower Extract, Fractionated Coconut Oil, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum,Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbet, Phenoxyehtanol, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Nitrate, Stearamide AMP, Sodium Phosphate, Tapioca Starch, Triethanolamine, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again.But I guess I didn't really buy it in the first place. The price isn't bad though, checking out Target it is $6.99, probably a better option than most others in the drugstore. Looking at the ingredients, I think that one is slightly different, I think the stuff you buy from this brand in the US is made in the US while this label says Russia. It's definitely a few years old though, not something that was purchased recently. I think it's two years old at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment