Saturday, December 3, 2022

Smiley x Goodies Take the Time to Smile Candle


     I have a lot to do but as part of my proactination figured I would do a post. There's  a Holiday Party tonight that I'm not sure I'm going to go to because it's really cold out and I kinda hate going out in the cold. As I get older, it gets worse. I just feel like I'm made for the sun since I have extra melanated skin.  I'll see how I feel in a few hours though...

Anyway...got another candle review today.

Claims:

What it is: A scented candle made in the French wax-makers tradition with a 48-hour pouring time carried out in three stages for perfect scent diffusion.

Notes:

- Top: Green tea.

- Middle: Black rose.

- Base: Patchouli.

  • 40-hour approximate burn time
  • GMO-, CMR-, pesticide- and paraffin-free
  • Glass/vegetable wax/fragrance
  • Made in France

I had never heard of this brand..it kinda reminds me of a brand you would see in K-Mart in the 90's. Or the rollback smilies in Walmart. I found this video on youtube that takes a look at the history of the Smiley. I didn't really find it very interesting. I mostly just bought the candle because it was discounted and I thought the scent notes were interesting. 


Especially the Black Rose and Patchouli notes. And it does really smell nice, I get a slight rose, some patchouli. Not sure about the Green Tea. But it has zero scent throw. You have to hover over it to smell anything. 

Not what you expect when the retail price is $40. I think I paid almost $20. If it wasn't such a hassle I would have returned it. I just basically burn it for a little added heat. It burns really cleanly and evenly though. That's the only good thing I can say about it.

Otherwise, it's a small candle that comes in a black glass with a Smiley Face. I might save the glass and take it to work as a pen holder. IDK. 

Overall, probably won't buy anything else from this brand. It just looks cheap to me (a lot it is made in China), and the prices are high for what it seems you get. This candle was made in France (known for fancy candles) but it's definitely not a quality candle at all. It's a scented unscented candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment