Thursday, December 8, 2022

Lush Buffy Body Butter Review

 I'm mostly through my Lush stash which means I am ready for the Christmas sale, all I have left is a little body powder, a Karma soap, and two massage bars. Oh..and a face soap. But compared to what I had at the last Christmas sale..I've used up quite a bit. Except I completely forgot I had this body scrub until I was looking through everything and discovered it again.

Lush claims:

The OG skin softening slayer

What can we say about this classic Lush exfoliating body scrub? Natural exfoliation from ground rice, almonds and aduki beans will polish while the blend of butters and oils will moisturise, leaving you with the softest skin. All this and completely packaging-free. 

Buffy the Body Slayer..Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I remember seeing so many commercials for that show growing up and wanting to watch it...but never did. And probably won't now. 

Anyway I did use this a few times before I put it away and forgot about it. I think I put it away because at the time I as using a lot of soaps that were exfoliating and didn't need to double exfoliate.  I'm actually surprised none of the oils in the body butter went rancid. Some of the scent disappeared but as I started using it again, I could smell it. It's sort a pleasant scent, a little hard to describe. I really like the way it smells though. 

As for scrubbiness- it is the perfect scrubbiness. It's not too rough and not too gentle. Rice, almond ,and adzuki bean are the winning combo.

At the same time this is scrubbing and polishing up your skin, it's also acting as a body butter and providing the best hydration ever. I had a dry patch that had been bother me a little...after using this? Gone! No need to lotion up after your shower either. 

I see why this is such a classic product. 

I think my favorite thing about this product is not only does it exfoliate and moisturize and do it well, it's also plastic free! What other company is making such an excellent scrub and making it plastic free? 

It also lasts quite a bit longer than I originally thought it would, I know I've used it more than six times and still have a few more uses left. 

Also..the ingredients are excellent. Scrubs are one of the easiest to find with a cleaner ingredient list, this one is clean with fair trade ingredients.

Ingredients:

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Organic Adzuki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

I love this scrub, I can see why it's a Lush Favorite. It's one of my favorites too! Now I'm anxious to try out Scrubee....

No comments:

Post a Comment