Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Neville Brothers-Fly Like An Eagle

 


There are some songs that just transport you back in time. This is one of those. Every time I hear this song, I go back to elementary school, sitting up at night watching the brand new Space Jam. I must have seen that movie a billion times. Wore that little tape out. I'm pretty sure we still have it too.  I feel like Space Jam was everywhere back then, and I remember going to JCPenny and my mom buying me clothes- most of which had the toons on them. I had a Sylvester sweater, Lola Bunny and Bugz...so many. But back to the song, I saw Space Jam a billion times and therefore the soundtrack is burned into my mind. 


But my favorite version of the song is by The Neville Brothers. I have no idea how this ended up in my playlist...but it's there. I actually thought for years it was this version on Space Jam. I just found out today it's not. I'm not really a fan of their other music but this is solid. 



Did y'all watch the Space Jam movie with LeBron?  I was really excited for it, but I didn't hear great things about it and then just never watched it. I'm still not really tempted to watch it now, I would 100% just keep watching the original. 



No comments:

Post a Comment