Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Lux Naturals Moonlight Pomegranate Soap Review

 


I had to do a blog search just to remember all of the pomegranate things I've tried. There were definitely more than I remember. Face masks, lip balms, a body wash, and Midnight Pomegranate from Bath and Body Works. I hated that spray by the way. This is just another forgettable pomegranate product. 

Lux claims:

A beautifully scented soap with Australian Red Reef Clay for added benefits.

When I first got this soap, I couldn't smell anything. As it sat I could kinda get a little bit of a fruity scent. In the shower I had a mixed experience. The first couple of showers it smelled like Rancid Oils. Then as I used multiple layers and got down to a sliver, I could smell it! It was light but the scent was there. It reminded me of a cherry scent. It's not the same scent but I kept thinking of the Wild Cherry line from The Body Shop. Maybe even a shower gel I tried way back from Philosophy too! So basically cherry in a pleasant way. I hate cough syrup medicine cherry scents and this isn't that. 

I don't think the fragrance oil they use really delivers the scent it should, either that or this soap needs more. I find the brand usually does lighter scented soaps..which is nice sometimes but doesn't work for this.




I like the design. It's a red, black, and natural soap swirl. 

The soaps itself lathers nicely, cleans well BUT it leaves my skin pretty dry/dry patches. It's not like their usual soaps. 

The ingredients are great. I always love that they include atypical oils like Cocoa Butter, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil. They use sustainable palm oil. I do wish they used fair trade Shea and Cocoa Butters. I like that they include the red reef clay, which has an array of minerals that are great for skin. It's the first time I've seen this clay in anything.

Ingredients:

Ingredients: Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Fragrance*, Australian Red Reef Clay, Iron Oxide and Mineral Pigments. *Phthalate Free. 97% Natural

Overall, not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment