Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Nest Grapefruit Votive Candle Review



I've been watching I Dream of Jeannie in my downtime...a clip showed up on youtube and I figured I would give it a watch. Growing up I watched more Bewitched than Jeannie, not sure if that's because that's what was always on...but I'm finding Bewitched was definitely the better 60's show with a little magic.  I did always want to be a genie though, I always loved, loved Jeannies bottle. I still want a room that's decorated in that style.  Maybe I'll dress up like her next Halloween. Could be fun.

But on to this candle review. I know in a past review I definitely said I wouldn't be buying anymore Nest. But the sale price got me. I got this set for around $21 which is a great deal considering the votive are usually  $18. 


Nest claims:

Uplift your senses with this bestselling fragrance, Grapefruit. This Votive Candle features the iconic scent’s exhilarating blend of pink pomelo grapefruit and watery green notes with lily of the valley and coriander blossom.

Elevate everyday living with this exquisitely fragranced Votive Candle. It is meticulously crafted with a proprietary premium wax formulated so the candle burns cleanly and evenly and infuses the atmosphere with exceptional scent.
Fragrance Family
Fresh
Scent Type
Fresh Citrus
Key Notes-Pink pomelo grapefruit and watery green notes combine with lily of the valley and coriander blossom

Made in the USA


I love, love Grapefruit but usually find Grapefruit scented things to be underwhelming. But then again, I've read so many reviews raving about this candle I was curious. When I sniffed in the store it was a bit off putting. There's something sharp about it that I just didn't really like. But sometimes when you burn a candle the scent changes. 



This one does smell better when burning, it's a very pleasant- slightly floral  and zesty grapefruit. Not straight up grapefruit but very recognizable as the fruit. The other notes, I have no idea about. I've never smelled Lily of the Valley nor a coriander blossom.

My benchmark for rating a scent is usually comparing it to a Bath and Body Works candle. I don't think they could dupe it. Cheaper candles never get the grapefruit note right. 

The quality of the candle is excellent. It's small but it packs enough punch to fill a decently large room. It burns evenly and cleanly. It doesn't smoke or soot at all, even if you leave it burning for hours and hours. 

Burn time is 20-28 hours which seems to be accurate.

I don't know what the wax is-no claims to be paraffin free but the wax is really soft. Really Really soft.  So soft this candle was messed up when I received it. I had to shove the candle back down and scrape the wax off the cardboard. Burning it fixed it though.

Overall, it's nice. But nothing I would pay full price for or even repurchase. It's not really my candle vibe but if you like fresh, zesty scents or like burning candles in the kitchen (seems a good kitchen scent) this might be for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment