Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Bath and Body Works Spread Love Not Germs Sea Salt & Citrus Pocketbac Review

 It's so cold outside it hurts, my hands were literally frozen today.  I'm so happy I work from home for the next three days, especially with the predicted snow flurries. I'll definitely be in the house until I HAVE to leave the house.In the meantime, figured I would pull out a hand sanitizer with a summery scent.

Bath and Body Works claims:

Fragrance Notes:  A beachside blend of chilled lime, fresh eucalyptus and sea salt

Infused with essential oils, shea extract, vitamin E and aloe, our skin-softening cleansing hand gel kills 99.9% of most common germs, while the pocket-friendly design makes it easy to keep hands clean and conditioned on-the-go. Don't forget to add a cute holder, sold separately! Formula is 71% alcohol.

This is another one of those BBW products that smell so much like everything else they put out. This is a generic fresh with something else- there are some notes that smell a little similar to the Almond Blossom pocketbac. I don't get any lime (no citrus at all) , certainly no eucalyptus, and no real sea salt scent that reminds me of the sea. Just generic Bath and Body Works. So the Almond Blossom without the warmth.

I'm typically not a fan of "sea salt" scents though.  I can only think of one sea salt inspired product I've really enjoyed- that's Zums Sea Salt soap. Otherwise, not my vibe. 

As with all the little sanitizers, this one works well. Makes my hands feel clean without drying them out. 

I really wish Bath and Body Works would start a recycling program. It says 100% Recycled Plastic in Bottle...whatever that means. I want them to start something where you can bring in your packaging and get a discount on your next purchases and they recycle and reuse their own packaging. 

Overall, it does exactly what I want it to do, but since I don't love the scent I won't repurchase. I do like the message though...I hope they re-use it on other scents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment