Monday, December 12, 2022

Givenchy L'Interdit Eau De Parfum Review

I bought some grapes over the weekend that taste JUST like cotton candy. They are probably the best grapes I have ever had in my life. I need to make sure I make it to the store and buy alllll the rest of the packages they have. The were grown in Brazil. Can you imagine if they made a wine out of cotton candy tasting grapes?

Givenchy claims:

L'Interdit Eau de Parfum by Givenchy is a Amber Floral fragrance for women. L'Interdit Eau de Parfum was launched in 2018. L'Interdit Eau de Parfum was created by Dominique Ropion, Anne Flipo and Fanny Bal. Top notes are Pear and Bergamot; middle notes are Tuberose, Orange Blossom and Jasmine Sambac; base notes are Patchouli, Vanilla, Ambroxan and Vetiver.

Among the first perfume creations of the house of Givenchy stands the legendary scent of L'Interdit from 1957, dedicated to actress Audrey Hepburn as the most significant muse of this fashion designer. 

In 2018, its new, modern version called L'Interdit Givenchy comes out, developed by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Anne Flipo and Fanny Bal as a floral-woody composition. The perfume is built on the basis of contrast between a bouquet of white flowers (including jasmine, tuberose and orange blossom) and intense woody and earthy notes of patchouli and vetiver. The concept behind the creation is the "thrill of the forbidden" and the challenge of crossing the line.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:

"A white floral exalted with a dark accord. The first resolutely underground flower.
The white notes - orange blossom, jasmin and tuberose - are interlaced with darker more mysterious notes of vetiver and patchouli.
A generous intense brightness that isn’t afraid of subversion.
Unforgettable, intense, addictive and fearlessly elegant. The shocking side of chic."

The bottle of thick glass pays homage to the original shape with a more modern outline with the 4 G logo added to the black ribbon that encircles the neck

Made In France

I'm still working my way through all the most iconic perfumes of all time. I've gotten quite far down the list. Of all the perfumes, I think I was most excited about buying and trying this one. The original was created for Audrey Hepburn and she wore it for a year exclusively before they made the decision to bring it to masses. It's named L'interdit or Forbidden because when they told her she said "I forbid you". 




Unfortunately although it shares the same name, it's not the same perfume. I really wish I could smell the original though looking at the notes I'm not sure I would have liked it since I don't seem to have much luck with perfumes that list aldehydes in the notes. It launched back in 1958 and this new version launched in 2018. 

I really like the bottle. It's similar to the original shape, nice glass, heavy. Reminds me of the YSL Mon Paris Bottle.  

The perfume itself is very nice.I've been on the fence as to whether it will make my end of the year favorites...I think maybe it will. I've read a few reviews that compare it to La Vie Est Belle. Many notes that mention a grape soda vibe. And I do get the similarities...it's similar and yet very different. 

It's probably more of a cold winter/ going out scent but I've enjoyed wearing it everyday for everything. It's also a compliment getter. I'm terrible with picking out notes...it's just a very well blended scent. I think I do get Tuberose in the initial spray but it doesn't really stick around much. The top notes (which evaporate the quickest I LOVE). And although most of the top notes I love disappear, I still find I like the scent of it as it's dried down. The top notes are supposed to be Pear and Bergamot. Middle notes Tuberose, Orance Blossom, Jasmine Sambac. And bottom notes are Patchouli, Vanilla, Ambroxan, and Vetiver. 

I sometimes have a problem with scents that have Patchouli in them becoming overwhelmingly patchouli. Luckily not the case with this one. And I am a fan of patchouli, it just has the potential to go wrong on my skin.

When I first started wearing it the longevity of it was pretty great. Over time I feel like I've gotten used to it and only smell it for about 4-5 hours. But could be just me. I tend to spray a lot of this though, under clothes and then once I put my clothes on. To me it's a hard one to overdo since the notes aren't sharp or unpleasant. 

Overall, I really like it and I'm glad I gave it a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment