Friday, December 30, 2022

New Edition

 


My Dad's favorite group. I feel like people didn't really talk about them as much until the BET movie came out. It's been a little while since I've seen it now, I think I thought it was good? IDK. I do love New Edition though. There were a lot of kid groups back then, all trying to replicate the success of the Jackson Five. Definitely can't be duplicated but I think New Edition got the closest. 

Love Mr. Telephone man. I thought they were younger in this one but they are a little older, this must have been off of their later albums. I really like how they used every member of the group, although Bobby was the break out star.. and Ralph too. 


If it Isn't Love is my favorite New Edition song. I listen to this one over and over again. There is also a dance on Hip Hop Dance Experience. It's for sure my absolute favorite on the game. I'm really tempted to play the vid through and do the dance they are doing on the music video. Maybe after this post is done. Also posting the Hip Hip Dance....I only play it on easy though.


Ok maybe I lied. Or maybe the two songs are tied. Cause Can You Stand the Rain is that song. I'm so glad Johnny Gill joined. Such a beautiful voice. I melt.

Next up Cool it Now. This definitely looks like it was recorded a few years before the vid was shot. I definitely wouldn't have expected Ralph to sound like that 😆



I love Is This The End, sounds just like a Jackson Five Song. Literally sounds like it could have been off their first album. That's crazy. He hit those notes perfectly.


Actually so does Candy Girl. They really took those Jackson 5 Blueprints and applied them to New Edition. Love this one too! 


And that's all. Stone Cold Classics every one of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment