Sunday, January 8, 2023

Samples Review: L'occitane Dry Skin Shea Butter Hand Cream, Ultra Riche Face Cream, And Ultra Rich Body Cream

 I bought some L'occitane stuff for my mom for Christmas and got a few samples in the order. I've always meant to try more from their brand but the prices are kinda high...so I was happy to get some samples to try out. I'm pretty sure I've tried quite a bit of their samples before with other random orders but really don't remember if I liked them.

First up the hand cream. I really like having a good hand cream these days, I can't stand dry hands and so many hand creams I can put on and then step outside in the cold and see visible ash. This winter hasn't been so bad because I have been faithfully putting hand creams on. This kinda smells like baby wipes but it does work. It's not too greasy but you can feel it on working, it absorbs after a few minutes, and seems to last through the cold weather. I like it...but don't really like the scent. I might eventually buy the smaller size but I think I prefer the almond even though it's lighter because of the scent. I like that it's 20% Shea Butter. I haven't seen another hand cream that tells the percent of Shea in it.


The ultra rich face cream was nice. Very hydrating without making my oily skin look greasy. Makes your skin look healthy. I like it but not sure it's worth the price. Pure Shea Butter can do the same thing. It also smells of baby wipes. It has a high concentration of Shea. 


And lastly the body cream. Another with a high percentage of Shea Butter. The other samples lasted multiple uses- this only lasted one. It was very hydrating...but not sure it would be worth the cost unless you have really dry skin and have a hard time finding something where the moisture lasts. It also smells like baby wipes too. I think if I liked the scent more I would like this better. Probably wouldn't purchase the full size unless I was having severe dry skin issues. 

I do like that all of their Shea Line has Shea Butter high up in the ingredients (2nd after water) but if you really want to see the benefits of Shea Butter you should probably just get a tub of the unrefined stuff. It can be a little more effort to use and has the Shea scent (I like the nutty scent) but if you don't then maybe this is a good (but pricey alternative). 


No comments:

Post a Comment