Friday, January 6, 2023

Best of Beauty 2022

 It's that time again for my favorites post. This is actually one of my most favorite posts to do, I like looking back on all the things I tried throughout the year and posting the stuff that stood out to me. Things I would repurchase or things I would recommend all listed right here. 

So let's get started. 

1. Twilight Shower Jelly- Shower Jelly is not a necessity but it's pretty and it's fun and it smells good. This is a favorite! 


2. Viseart Editorial Brights- I love bright eyeshadows and this is a great bright palette. The shades are easy to work with and look so vibrant on! I also really love my two bright Sugarpill Palettes but I think the Viseart is a little easier to build up and doesn't fade as much as some of those- even though I think they are still amazing anyway. 

3. Lush Snowball Bath Bomb- I really don't remember much about this bomb except that I loved it and I would repurchase it! 


4. Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner- Mielle Babassu and Mint Deep Conditioner- Need a moisturizing deep conditioner? These are two of the best. I don't love the scent of either but since they works so well, I don't mind. Would rebuy forever. The Honey and Sage one is more hydrating while the Mielle is both strengthening and hydrating. 

5. Senna Cosmetics Deluxe Fluff Brush- I got this for a bargain and love it! It's versatile and one I could use everyday- especially with matte shadow. 

6. Lush Dream Cream-  Lush Sleepy- A must have for any kind of skin issues, the ingredients are excellent. The only negative is the price. But since I only use it sparingly and rarely...it's OK. Sleepy is not the most moisturizing but it smells like HEAVEN. Such a treat to use before bed. 

7. MAC 208- This has been the only angle brush I have happily used for the past few months.

 

8. Lush Toners- I love the ones I tried...probably my favorite is the Breathe of Fresh Air. I don't view toner as a necessity though but these were nice to use and pretty refreshing. 

9. Fresh Waterlily Soap, Ursa Major Morning Mojo Soap,  La Chatelaine Passionfruit Soap- I want to try more Fresh soaps based on how Waterlily smells! It smells so good! I wish it were stronger but if you like fruity florals in the shower, this is a good one to try. The Ursa is THE best natural Eucalyptus soap. I really enjoyed that one. The passion fruit one was surprisingly nice too, especially since the Fig one was a complete dud. It was a good year for the bar soaps. 

10. Lush Hottie Massage Bar- Got aches and pains? This helps. I've tried quite a few rubs and salves designed to help with muscle aches etc. This is the only one that worked for me! 

11. Tangle Teezer- A must have! I don't use it all the time but it really helps to gently get through the tangles. I want to get the larger one with the handle but I'm waiting until I need to make an Ulta order.

12. Two perfumes make the cut- Nina Ricci L'Air Du Temps and Givenchy  L'Interdit.

13. Smashbox Super Light Primer- Makes you look glowy in pics and keeps oil at bay. Can't repurchase since it's discontinued but I still have some left. Hopefully they have an equivalent in the line up that is just as good. 

14. Lush Buffy- This might be the bet scrub ever- it smells nice, hydrating like a body butter, and is perfectly scrubby. Bonus is that it's plastic free! 

15- Jr Watkins Lemon Cream Lip Balm- Smells like Duncan Hines Lemon cakes and is extra hydrating. This is a great lip balm


And that's it! It was a good year for me, I found a lot of favorites in a variety of brands. I really pushed myself to try new brands instead of buying from the same old same old. Hopefully this year I can get even more variety in, but IDK, we shall see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment